Lies

That was a lie. 

I could remember the poofy, golden curls of the girl with melodious laugh. I could also remember the journal I was supposed to be looking for.

The guard continued to question me, "It is illegal to lie to an officer, Do you know what happened?"

I inhaled, "AllIKnowIsThatMyNeighborGotAPhoneCallThenPoofSheVanished."

He made a weird face at me, "What-"

Before He could finish his sentence there was a poof of familiar smoke behind me. I felt pressure on the side on my head and hissed in pain, it irritated my skin. The person behind me whispered menacingly, "Hold on tight, Sweetie." It was the voice belonging to the same melody I was thinking of earlier.

"Ta ta." We then vanished in a puff of smoke.

I coughed we the room finally stopped spinning. When I looked up I saw that we were in a tent, an old, odd tent. I looked around and saw men in armor. Some of them had familiar lipstick stains on their cheeks. Some of them also gave me strange looks, some of them looked strange. I also saw that Melody's hair was black.

Melody threw a white dress at me and a veil, "If anyone asks, your name is Marcy. You are my handmaid, and very respected for it." She then pointed me to a curtain, "Now get dressed, and hurry. I don't know when they will be here."

I wanted to ask so many questions, but instead stuck with doing as I was told. I got dressed, with much difficulty, and stepped out from behind the curtain to see Melody relaxing in a bed thing.

"What is going on? Why am I here, and why do I have to wear this veil?" I walked over to her, tripping slightly on the long dress. I was used to wearing pants.

She rolled her eyes, "Relax. I have a feeling that we will need your help. Plus, I owe you one." The then quickly added, "I don't like being in debt."

"That doesn't explain the veil." I scratch at it, feeling uncomfortable.

She sighed, "As pretty as your face is, humans in 102 BC aren't used to aliens. We can't bring back the dead with an alien friend."

Just as I was about to question her, a soldier with a kiss on his cheek entered.

"Ladies," He bowed, "Ceaser has arrived."

"Send him in." Melody waved him off and fluffed her black hair. I didn't like it, it didn't suit her.

A man whom was very awkward and quirky walked in with a girl who had amber waves for hair. "Hello, sweetie." Melody looked at him flirtatiously. This made me uncomfortable.

"River. Hi." Amber smiled kindly at her.

The man of quirk looked at Melody accusingly. "You graffitied the oldest cliff face in the universe."

"You wouldn't answer your phone." She waves off the other people in the tent. Then stood up and went to the man with a rolled up paper.

"What's this? Why's she still here." He gestured to me. I could tell he didn't mean to come off as rude so I left it be.

"It's a painting. Your friend Vincent. One of his final works. He had visions, didn't he? I thought you ought to know about this one. Also, she's a friend. Be nice." She rolled out the painting as the man looked at me apologetically.

I lowered my my veil and looked at the painting, "What is this?" I had gestured to a blue fragment among the fire and a feeling of dread oozed from the people surrounding me.

Melody commanded the funny men that had lipstick stains to bring us horses.

"Why is it exploding?" Melody had told me that the 'it' was a powerful time machine. She also told me that Amber's real name was Amy, I was close enough so I stuck with the name I gave her, and the mans name was The Doctor. I hadn't come up with a nickname for him yet so I would use his real title.

"I assume it's some kind of warning." Melody answered Amber's previous question.

"Wouldn't it be bad if a powerful time machine were to explode?" I looked to Melody. She looked really stressed, now was not the time to focus on that though.

"Of course it would, but the message might not be that literal." She then turned to the Doctor, "Anyway, this is where he wanted you. Date and map reference on the door sign, see?"

The Doctor looks at the painting, "Does it have a title?"

"The Pandorica Opens." At this, his eyes flash concern and dread.

The guard brought us three horses. Amy and I shared cause we were the smaller of the group.

The Doctor was in a rush. So, the minute he got on the horse he whipped the rein, "Come on. Ya!"

"The Pandorica? What is it?" Amy was the one 'steering' the horse as I patted it softly and held on with one hand tightly.

"A box, a cage, a prison. It was built to contain the most feared thing in all the universe." Melody, focused on steering, answered back. If only I had my journal. It is filled with information that could help us.

"And it's a fairy tale, a legend. It can't be real." The Doctor was in disbelief.

At this I decided to call out, "All legends and fairy tales came from somewhere. Did they not?" 

Melody smirked, "If it is real, it's here and it's opening, and it's got something to do with your Tardis exploding. Hidden, obviously. Buried for centuries. You won't find it on a map."

"No, but if you buried the most dangerous thing in the universe, you'd want to remember where you put it." He urged his horse to go faster until we arrived at a circle of stones.

I quickly got down and touched the stones, "They have been here for so long." I sniffed it, "Thousands of years."

The Doctor smiled at me, "I already asked this earlier, but who are you?"

I backed away from the stone shyly, "Ophelia."

"And you're a Fermandi?" He had a spark of curiosity in him eyes.

"That's what I recall." Sure, it might not be my memory, but I remember reading it in a government file. And you cant lie on those, right? All this not remembering had made me dizzy, so I sat on a rock.

The Doctor started to scan everything, along with Melody, and continues to question me, "I heard your race went into hiding. Any idea why?"

I shook my head, "I can't remember anything past this morning."

"I also heard that they were a more sensitive race. Maybe-"

Melody cut him off, "Doctor, I'm picking up fry particles everywhere. Energy weapons discharged on this site."

He ran about and looked at his scanner device, "If the Pandorica is here, it contains the mightiest warrior in history. Now, half the galaxy would want a piece of that. Maybe even fight over it." He paused and put his head on the rock I was sitting on, "We need to get down there."

***
Wow! So, she met the Doctor and Amy.

Tell me what you think. I promise, once we get away from this episode it wont be so 'Doctor. Doctor'

If you want more Doctor, check out my reading list or Quantum Connections. (Sorry, little bit of promo.)

:D