Hurricane

"So the universe ended. You missed that, in 102 AD. I suppose this means you and I never get born at all. Twice, in my case. You would have laughed at that. Please laugh. The Doctor said the universe was huge and ridiculous, and sometimes there were miracles. I could do with a ridiculous miracle about now." I hear Rory whisper to Amber. I walk over to comfort him when The Doctor appears wearing a strange cap and carrying a mop.

"Ophelia? Rory! Listen, she's not dead. Well, she is dead, but it's not the end of the world. Well, it is the end of the world. Actually, it's the end of the universe. Oh, no. Hang on." He then vanishes again and Rory worries.

The Doctor reappears. "How are you there? I just saw you in the Pandorica?"

"No, he's not in the Pandorica." Rory looks at me unbelieving.

"Yes, I am. Well, I'm not now, but I was back then. Well, back now from your point of view, which is back then from my point of view. Time travel, you can't keep it straight in your head. It's easy to open from the outside. Just point and press." The Doctor gives Rory his sonic screwdriver. "Now go."

Rory sits there, confused, then the Doctor reappears, "Oh, and when you're done, leave my screwdriver in her top pocket. Good luck." And he was gone.

I drag Rory away from Amy, "So, you're not gonna try and kill me right?"

He nods.

"Good." When we get to the Pandorica, Rory opens it with the sonic screwdriver and the Doctor is released from the chair.

"How did you do that?" He looked shocked as Rory held up the sonic.

"You gave me this."

The Doctor takes his screwdriver from his own pocket, "No, I didn't."

I roll my eyes, "Yes, you did. Now, we got stuff to do. Races to save."

The Doctor touches his screwdriver to Rory's. They spark and I jump back, "Temporal energy. Same screwdriver at different points in its own time stream. Which means it was me who gave it to you. Me from the future. I've got a future. That's nice." He then looks out to the dust and Daleks, "That's not."

"Yeah. What are they?" How did he not know what Daleks are?

"History has collapsed. Whole races have been deleted from existence. These are just like after-images." He walked about and tapped on some of them, "Echoes. Fossils in time. The footprints of the never-were. But what happened to them?"

"I did, I always keep to my word." The Doctor turned to me with a look of horror on his face.

Rory was out of the loop after loosing Amy, "Er, what does that mean?"

"Total event collapse. The universe literally never happened. Or, Ophelia here lost her temper. Not really sure what you're talking about at this point."

"How are we be here? Why aren't we stone?" Rory nods to my question.

"Eye of the storm, that's all. We're just the last light to go out." He looked around, "Amy. Where's Amy?"

Rory looked ashamed when we finally reached Amber, "I killed her." I pat his back to comfort him. He didn't kill her, it was the programming.

The Doctor frowns, "Oh, Rory."

"Doctor, what am I?" 

"You're a Nestene duplicate. A lump of plastic with delusions of humanity." The Doctor's voice had gotten more aggressive as the sentence went on.

"But I'm Rory now. Whatever was happening, it's stopped. I'm Rory." He was on the verge of tears.

The Doctor scans Amy's body, "That's software talking."