Ice-Cream

Dad?

"I'm trying to call up the data core, but it's not responding. Just that noise."

"But it's a phone." Not just any phone.

"Let me try something." He messes with it.

Dad, the phone. Aren't you going to answer it?

"Okay, doesn't like that. Let's try something else."  He fiddles with more things, "Okay, here it comes."

"Hello?"

Hello. Are you in my television? Her voice echoes in my head. I drop my chin, surprised at the volume.

"Well, no, I'm, I'm sort of in space. Er, I was trying to call up the data core of a triple grid security processor."

Would you like to speak to my Dad?

"Dad or your Mum. That'd be lovely."

I know you. You're in my library.

"She's in my head." I feel like I am about to cry.
"Your library?"

The library's never been on the television before. What have you done?

"Er, well, I just rerouted the interface." The connection is lost. I feel her panic, and my own heart clenches.

"It's too much!" I mean to yell it, but the words are stuck in my throat.

Donna notices my struggle, "Are you alright?"

I grip her arms, I open my mouth but the words just won't come out.

"Professor Song?" She was too busy dealing with the Doctor and flying books.

"Get Evangelista." I nod to her, fear wirtten on her face.

"But, what about you?"

"I can deal with this alone, just as I have before and will again."

Donna leaves me, concerned. I focus my mind on the planet. The Core, Cal, was in her house, holding some sort of remote.

"She wants to understand. Nobody ever understands."

"What's causing that? Is it the little girl?" Melody's voice cause me no focus. I nod at her.

"But who is the little girl? What's she got to do with this place? How does the data core work? What's the principle? What's Cal?"

"The girl- the girl is Cal."
"Ask Mister Lux."

He ignored me and went to Lux, "Cal, what is it?"

I head over to River, "Cal, she's the girl. She doesn't understand. No body understands. She's so smart-"

"Lia, stop. You're gonna burn yourself out."

"She doesn't understand. Her mind is stuck because her family is stuck in the past. She is so smart, she saved them. Remember that- Remember that she saved them."

Her curly blonde hair wrapped around her face as she shook her head, "I won't need too. You'll remember. You've made it this long. You'll make it longer."

I looked at her eyes, "They are the color of mint, mixed with honey. Like how I like my tea. Do you think I will remember that? Do you think I will remember your nickname that I gave you, because the first thing I fell in love with was your laugh? Will I remember my schooling and still be a doctor? Will I remember prison, where I met you?"

"Yes, just don't fall asleep and you will." The eyes were getting teary.

"Will you remember the pain you made me feel? When I waited for you? Will I remember that pain?"