8

( edit 8/24/2021)
(Update dater 12/20/18)

"What's wrong?" Hyunjin's deep voice rang through my ear. I let out a breath, relaxing knowing it was just him.

"You just scared me. I was so focused on the trees I did not hear you come out."

"Don't lie to me, I heard your heartbeat. It was hectic. Now tell me what got you so scared." He spoke turning me to look at him. He grabbed my chin as I was about to look at my shoes. He forced me to look at him.

" I just thought that hybrid found us. I was so sure that the noise in the trees was him."
" Hun, you have me and 8 other Hybrids to protect you. I will do my damn best to make sure you do not get hurt. " Hyunjin whispered.

"Noona! I made your food for you!" I heard I.n voice scream. I giggled.
Hyunjin took my hand and we took off running.  Finally making it back to the rest of the boys, I.n handed me a plate. Before I knew it all the food was gone.

" Let's go take a walk"Hyunjin's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I took his hand and he started leading me towards the woods.

"But..." I didn't want to sound like a coward but something about those woods unnerved me.

If there are any animals out there they aren't going to bother us." He led me down the steps to the grassy yard that is in front of the tree line. "They can sense that I'm not entirely human. They tend to avoid that."

"So, do all animals avoid you?"

"They mostly avoid all of us. The rest of us are part predatory species so it's just their instinct to avoid us."

"You got the predator part right," I said under my breath.

"You know, if I didn't know any better, I would think that you like it."

I quickly attempted to change the subject. "They just sense that you part animal and leave you alone?"

"Pretty much."

"I don't suppose Handlers have anything like that? Like for Goshawk?"

"Not anything like we have. I'm not letting him get to you again. All of us will keep you safe. Is that really why you didn't want to come out here?"

I put my head down and nodded.

"I just can't get it out of my head. He knows where I live. He's obviously crazy. I mean, he put a  dead rabbit on my door."

"He doesn't deserve your thoughts. We'll find him and lock him up. You just need to worry about this vacation, now let's go back to the room?"

we headed back to the room, passing the boys.
"Can we watch a movie?" I asked walking into our room.
As we sat up on the couch, about to start the movie.

I jumped when there was a knock at my door. Hyunjin let out a string of curses before he walked to the door to open it. I followed.

"I'm so sorry but you both need to come and look at this." I.n looked really concerned so we both followed him down.

Chan was on the first floor holding an envelope in his hand. He looked up when he noticed us enter the living room.

'Did you tell anyone where we were staying at? Address or anything?"

" Tiana Unni knows I left with you guys but I didn't even know where we would be at until we got here. Why?"

He didn't answer but just handed me the letter. It only had my first name on the front. I opened it and almost dropped it when I recognized the handwriting in the letter. He had found me. Again.