Derek is Independent and Jim is Miserable

I was tired of this shit. So, so tired. Right when I thought life was good, this comes out of nowhere. I wanted to believe so badly that Jim didn't want to hurt me, but there were so many other ways.

If the blackmail situation was true, he could've just talked to me. It's not the act of cheating that I really care about now, it's the lying aspect.

I decided to move out of the house. The house was under Jim's name, so I went to go rent an apartment. I wanted our lives to be completely seperate. I even gave Jim divorce papers.

I still remember the way his hands were shaking as he signed off on all of it. I could tell he didn't want it, but for once, this was what I wanted. No longer would I let his opinion hold more merit than mine.

With my life away from him, things were going well. And then I missed him more than I had ever missed anything. I didn't just lose my husband; I lost my best friend.

It was hard to pick up the broken pieces, but eventually, I was whole again. He didn't destroy me, just partially broke me apart like a puzzle. But I am whole again.

It was almost like I strived without him. I went farther and farther in my work, gaining praise from coworkers and even my boss. Socially, my life also improved. In a way, I guess he held me back. People in general held me back.

Being bound to nobody is the most liberating thing. I feel so free to be myself, to work on myself. Although I hate to admit it, Jim left me feeling terrible about myself.

But time will heal me, I'm sure.

---

Jim's POV

I'm facing the worse slump of my life. Derek was what held everything together, and now I am lost without him. I go to work every day, feeling numb knowing that he won't be there when I'm back home. I'm stuck staring at the woman who ruined my marriage and my life.

I still don't know Rosaline's motivation. I had pondered the possibility that maybe it all happened because she wanted me, but after the divorce was finalized, she never looked back at me. She just ruined my life for no reason, then.

And maybe I was just idiotic to believe her when she threatened Derek. Maybe I just believed her way too easily. I was so easy for her to manipulate.

These days, I just stare at the walls. They have the picture frames of him and I. I often look back at our wedding photo, look back at how both of us were practically glowing. How happy we had made each other, before I ruined it.

I can't get over this. I have to get him back, but I don't know how.