Chapter 1: Pretty please don't make me

"Arianna don't forget to pack your bag for N.Y. we leave early tomorrow. " "Yeah ok mom!"I scream down the stairway to her. I mean what teenage girl wouldn't want to spend the summer in N.Y. for a stupid family reunion. Instead of a real vacation like going to the Bahamas or Jamaica or even Hawaii . But noo were going to N.Y.C. where the air might as well be black and instead of stray cats they have stray rats.

It doesn't make any sense. We go through this every year and I hate it so I don't usually go I haven't been to one in like eight years and now all of a sudden my mom is making me go again. I get up from my swirly desk chair taking defeat and pull my suite case out of the closet.

I really tried to get out of it. I used all of my best material. 'Im afraid to fly, Im sick, I have summer projects from school.' But it was a hit and miss every time. I pull a bunch of clothes out of my closet and rip them off the hangers. I fold 'em and stuff them in.

I walk over to the bathroom and get the things I know I might need when my mom knocks on the door. "Come in." I say walking back over to the bed. "Listen Ari I would really love it if this year we all go to the reunion. I know you don't want to but please can you just not fight me on this. Just come for me you don't even have to talk to anyone. . .just please for me?" she said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"Your right I don't wana go but if it means so much to you than fine." I said giving in. "Great! You were going no matter what you said but I would be a more peaceful flight if it weren't against your will." she said giving me a hug.

"Anyway do you need help packing? " she asked looking around the room for something to do. "No no it's fine I got it." I insist. "Okay I'll be downstairs if you need anything. " she said walking out of the room. "Got it." I said saluting her.

I put my laptop in its portable case along with the charger and put it next to my suite case. I look over at my clock and It read 9:45 p.m. I groan in frustration and fall back on to the bed. I feel my eyelids getting heavy and I slowly drift off.