Chapter 5: TAXI

"Lets get a hot dog than some pizza I hear their pizza is amazing and than we can go to Madison Square Garden! " Madeline said staring at the big city that lied before us before turning and looking at me expectantly.

"Lets go!" I smiled. We baought a Teen Vouge magazine at this little stand after we got our hot dogs and went ahead with our journey. "Look at that Macy's it's huge!" I said. "C'mon lets go in!" We ran across rhe street which wasn't the best idea. Some guy yelled at us from inside his taxi to watch where the hell we were going.

We where way to happy to respond to his rudness but nevertheless we made it across the street and into the store. "This would looks amazing on you Ari." She exclaimed holding a little and I mean little red dress up to me. "Yea I don't know about that it's it's. . . where's the rest?" I said.

"Oh come on just try it on you don't even have to buy it just see how it looks. C'mon please?" She begged. "Fine!. . . Fine! " I said yanking the dress off of the hanger and walking into the dressing room. I looked in the mirror and tried pulling it down a little. I tilted my head looking at my reflection trying to decipher exactly how I felt about it.

"You decent?" Madeline called from the opposite side of the door. "Yea Mads come in!" I said un-locking the door. She stepped in and said "you're getting it.""what happened to you don't even have to buy it?" I asked turning to face her."that was then this is now." She said "You're getting it." "I don't know" I trailed off.

"What happens in N.Y. stays in N.Y." she said. "I don't think thats how it goes but. . .okay!" We ran up to the lady behind the register and I swiped my 'Emergency' credit card and we ran out. "You nqo w what let's get the full N.Y.C. experience!" I said looking over at her.

"Taxi?" I ask. "Taxi." She said. We stepped out to the edge of the side walk and hailed down a cab. It was amazing it took six tries but we did it. "Where you ladies headed?" The man in the front seat asked. "Take us to Madison Square Garden please! " Maddie chirped happily. We each sat pressed up against the window looking out into the heart of it all. It was pretty freaking awesome not gonna lie.

"Mads look time square where the ball drops!" "Really?" She came and looked up in awe! " Wow you can see it the ball I heard they re-use the confetti." "Yea I know I really wana come here one year for New Years I'd kill to see real snow." "Same. . .imma take a picture." She reached in her pocket and grabbed her phone.

She took the picture right before the car started moving again. About ten minutes later the driver man said "Alright ladies where here this is as far as I go. From West 34 to Madison Square Garden. " He chuckled. "That'll be $7.77" "Here you go and thans." I smiled handing him the money and a tip and climbing out if the little yellow car.

"Thank you ladies and enjoy the city but be careful their are still bad people out their."he called to us starting the car. "We will thanks." Maddie said waving the man good bye. He honked twice than pulled off. "Look this guy is selling I ♡N.Y. tee shirts we have to get one!" "Okay okay but than where gonna get that mime to talk!" I chuckled.

"Deal!" She cheered running over to the man selling the shirts. "Two medium's please." "Okay $20.00" he said handing us the shirts. "Okay." Maddie said pushing the money over to the man. "Here" Maddie said handing me the shirt. We pulled them on and checked each other out. "Looking good. " we laughed. "Instagrm? " I asked.

"Duh" We took a selfie in our new shirt and posted it on each of our accounts. #N.Y.C. "To the mime!" I said dragging her over to the man. "Hey Mr. don't you get tired if not talking?" Nothing. "I've been trying to get him to talk and to move for 15 minutes and nothing. I highly dought you can." Said a masculine voice behind me.

"I accept the challenge. " I said turning around to fave the owner of these doubtful word's. He looked about my age tall broad shoulders and dark drown hair and light brown eyes. "Frank Fitz" said the tall boy extending his hand to me. "Ariana Fitzgerald" I said shaking his hand. "So how much you willing to bet that I can't make goldie over hear crack a smile." I said in my best N.J. accent. Refering to the man covered in gold standing completely motionless on the small platform behind me.

"A pretty penny!" He said returning my N.J. accent. Which is weird because where in N.Y. but whatever. "Actually only ten bucks." He chuckled "Thats pretty enough. I only have 5 left anyway so I guess that means I better win. " I chuckled. "Deal?" He asked "Your on!" I said shaking his hand befire retuning my attention to the gold man.

"I'll give you my credit card if you smile." j said. Nothing. "I'll take you out to dinner on me." I smiled. "C'mon my treat. ?" I urged. "She'll do diner on her. . . On her. . Literally you can eat off of her. . .shirtless." "Mads!" I said nudging her in her side as she hutched over laughing. "Relax im just kidding. . .but no really if you want to..." she trailed off earning a snicker from Frankie boy over here.

"Oh shut up" I seethed "Glad to know I can be sold for a mere 10 bucks." I pouted. "C'mon you know I love you. . .and you know you're worth so much more than 10 bucks." She cooed hugging me. "Mmhmm." "Ready to give up yet?" Frank cut in cockily. "Not a chance. " I said staring at the gold man walking cirlcles around him.

"Got it!" I said smiling. I pulled out my phone and went on Netflix I clicked on 'Kevin Hart Laugh At My Pain'. The skit where he was talking about his father played and everyone hutched ober in a fit of laughter including the golden man.

He knelt down and was laughing hysterically. "That's cheating." Frank snickered. "No it's not" "It is. Kevin Hart is funny as hell everyone has a weakness for that its not fair. " he laughed. "You sound like a sore looser to me." "Fine fine you win. Fair and square." He said handing me my winnings.

I turned to Maddie and high fived her. "Nice going I wouldn't have thought of that." She said. "Alright Alright Alright! " I cheered laughing some more. "You know dramk is really cute you should get his number." She whispered to me. "I thought about it and I decided to do it I was hit with this confidence and I kinda liked it.

"So Frank I wanted to ask you-"I stopped when I saw a tall blonde guy with broad shoulders and huge triceps wrap his arm around his waist and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Hey babe who ' re you're friends?" Asked the guy. "This is Arianna and Madeline." He said introducing us. "And guys this is my boyfriend Liam." He said smiling and squeezing closer to him.

"Hi." I smiled sheepishly. "Hey." Maddie smiled. "Hey. Nice to meet you both.you guys new to the area?" Liam asked . "Well yea kind of where here for a family reunion we came here from L.A." I explained. "Oh well we could show you around. Theirs this great Lesbian club I can get you guys into we just have to get some fake ID's an-" "wait no no no no no no me and Mads are cousins." I said.

"Yes and straight. " she chuckled. "Oh sorry my bad." He laughed. "But we can show you guys around if you're interested.We don't have to be anywhere for a while so we have tine to kill." He pressed. "Uh..." "C'mon it'll be fun! " Frank said. "Sure." I said. "Why the hell not." Maddie shrugged.

"Great! Are you guys hungry?" Frank asked. "Oh my god yes we just got here literally today and all we had where hot dogs." Maddie said. "I know just the place." Liam said.