Chapter 7: Family

"Mom!" Frank bellowed through the house. "Mom!.... Mom! Mo-" "Yes baby what is it?" A small voice finally called back. "Hello love. How are you?" Liam asked embracing the small woman in a warm hug.

"Im good dear how are you? Treating my son right?" She chuckled before becoming extremely serious when asking about him and Fank. "Im fine and yes of course." Liam smiled. "I love him." He said hugging Frank to him . "Oh and I brought you this." He said handing her a bottle of wine and some chocolates. "Oh thank you. " she smile broadly.

"Oh and who is this?" She asked directing her attention to me and Maddie. "Oh yea sorry look who we ran into in Madison Square Garden? " Frank said stepping from in front of me and Maddie so she could see us.

"Oh my god! Madaline! Ariana!" She said embracing us. "H-Hi" Maddie stuttered nervously. "You can call me Ari." I said politely. "Yea and you can call me Maddie or Mads which ever you prefer." Maddie chimed in."Noted." She laughed. "You girls don't remember me do you?" She asked. "N-No not really sorry." I apologized. "No it's fine been a while is all. Im your aunt Samantha. You two used to be inseparable when you where younger and came down to N.Y for past reunions." she reflected.

"Yea I know Maddie moved and we drifted a little we met up again on the plain here." I confessed. "Yea it's kinda like we where never apart." Maddie said. "We found them trying to get a mime to talk." Frank cut in. "Didn't I tell you to leave them alone? You can't make them move they practice for a very long time to prevent people like you from ruining their act. It simply cannot be done." She insisted.

"Well actually we did Aunt Samantha." I smiled. "You're kidding. " she said taking a seat on the couch next to Maddie. "No really she did Frank bet her 10 bucks she couldn't. All she did was show him kevin Hart and he was done she brought the man to tears." Maddie boasted .

"Oh well thats just not fair everyone has a weakness for Kevin Hart for god sakes he makes people laugh and cry for a living." "That is exactly what I said!" Frank butted in raising his head from Liams shoulder where they sat together in the love seat on the opposite corner of the room.

"You're just mad I did what you couldn't. You're a sore looser. " I sneered playfully. "Oh please you cannot serio-" " As much as I would love to deavate this with you guys we have to get ready. I told everyone to be here in 45 minutes. Im not done getting ready yet so can you give me a hand." Aunt Samantha asked rising from her seat.

"Oh yea sure ."

-

Hello how are you and bill? Right upstairs. How are you. Love the hair. Oh my god you're pregnant! You got the ring congrats! It's been so long. Your going short? Looks nice. Oooh hey sweet heart no put that down you can't have red wine. Is all that came out of Aunt Samantha's mouth the entire time she was manning the door. Honestly I don't know how she does it.But know everyones kinda settled in and talking and dancing. Its kinda nice.

A tall guy with blonde hair kalhkis and a tall glass of wine came my way. "Hey." "Uh hi." "So are yku from the aet in N.Y. or Canada? " he asked. "Neither actually im from the set up in California. " I nodded. "Oh the set in Wisconsin. Billy by the way." "Nice to meet you im Arianna but you can call me Ari." I said extending extending my hand to his free hand. "Nice to meet you too and why the pet name?" He asked. "I hate my name always have when I was seven I told my mom that if she didn't change my name to Warin and let me marry spongebob I would runaway.The nick name makes it more tolerable."

"So what did your mom say about the running away thing. Did you actually do it?" He laughed. "Oh this was no joking matter. I was serious I demanded my name be changed to Warin and I be allowed to elope with Spongebob Square pants. She said I could do whatever made me happy. So I damn well did. I ran out of the house and I qyicjly realized I wasnt ginna make it on my own so I came back and I hid in the house for two days. she actually thought I ran away. they called the cops and everything. She tought i snuck out in the middle if the night because she saw me come back inside. And that's when we decided to come up with a nickname."

"Your ine ballsy girl." He said rausing his glas to me. "Damn straight." I said clinking glasses with him. "Well I'll see you later cousin." "Cousin?" I asked. "Well yea I know we're related some how cousins is just easier so im going with that anyway see you later Warin."

"I see you met your cousin billy?" I nearly jumped out of my skin. I turned around and to see a jubilant Frank. "You scared the crap out of me. But yea what's up." "Im good im looking for Liam have you seen him?" He asked looking around. "Nope sorry. Good luck though. " I shrughed. "Yea thanks. " he said.

He turned and walked away. "C'mon let's dance! " Some woman asked."Uh..." "Great c'mon!" She squealed draghing me off to go dance. Ten minutes later I finally find another person to take my place and dance with her and I slipped away. I walked over to the kitchen and a litle kid comes running out with grape soda.

She ran right into me. "Really come on?!" I exclaimed trying to rub the stain out of my peach colored shirt and White! pants. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I whipped my head around angrily and shot daggers at the innocent person behind me. "Whats with the death stare wha-oooh.." "What happened?" Maddie continued sipping on a small cup of red wine.

"Some little girl came running out of the kitchen and right into me." I sighed giving up on rubbing out this bloody stain. "Oh wana go sit outside and get away from all the commotion? " she asked. "Please!" I begged as she laughed and dragged me to the front door.

It felt refreshingly cool outside."So where is Frank and Liam?" I asked. "I don't know last time I saw the making out in the backyard. Their so cute together." She gushed. "They really are. Can you believe I almost asked Frank out?" "Yea that would've been extremely embarrassing. " she said.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked. "Smoking. Do you want one?" She asked shoving the pack to me. "How 'bout no!" I said pushing the box away. "One second. " I said getting up. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Relax im just getting something to drink." I lied.

I ran into the house and searched for Aunt Samantha. " Oh hey Aunt Samantha where-" I began. "You having fun honey? " she asked. "Yea yea loads. Do you have a pair of scissors ki can borrow?" I ask frantically. "Uh yea in the kitchen kn the drawer under the sink. Is everything alright? " she asked.

"Yea peachy. Excuse me." I said rushing off into the kitchen. "Scissors, Scissors, Scissors. ...Got 'em!" I grabbed them shoved them in the back of my pants and cover it with my shirt. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water and ran out the door.

"Hey." Maddie said looking il at me as j took my seat next to her as she inhailed a puff of smoke. I pulled the scissirs out and cut her cigarette in half. "Ari what the hell!" She fumed. "Why are you smoking? Im not gonna loose you to lung cancer no hell no your ass is dying from natural fucking causes! You are digging you're grave!" I said.

"It's mine to dig!" she said . "The hell it is!" I chuckled evily. "Promise me you will never smoke! " I said calmly. "Ari-" "PROMISE!" I yelled. She looked at me searching for weather or not I was serious. We take promises more seriously than contacts she and I we don't promise often because we are never aloud to break them.

"Ari..." "Madaline I said Promise." I said sternly. "Okay. . . promise I promise I will never smoke again." She said. "Give me the pack." I demanded extending my hand to her. She took the pack out and gave it to me. I pulled out everyone and put it on the ground and lit then all on fire.

I leaned my head on her shoulder and watches the poisoning ahit burn to nothing. "Listen im sorry if I was a little you know with that whole situation. " I tried explaining. "I know you care I get it."

"Hey what are you guys burning?" Liam and Frank asked suddenly appearing in front of us. "She made me quit smoking. " Maddie replied simply. "What?" Frank asked. "Just like that? In a few hours? Not even a day a few minutes?" Liam asked flabbergasted at the thought.

"Yea she's very persuasive and extremely determinded." Maddie explained. "Oh you and I need to talk it took me six months to get him to stop." Frank said him and Liam sitting down on the steps in front of me and Maddie . I laughed at them and looked up at the sky .

"It's been a hell of a day." I sighed. "That's for damn sure." They nodded in agreement.