Reborn

The only true way to describe what I felt was fire. It felt as if fire was coursing through every vein in my body and I was being ripped from the inside out. None of that compared to the agonizingly slow feeling of my heart coming to a stop. In that moment, I knew I was dead. I don't know how I could explain to anyone, to any human that is, how it felt to listen to your own heart stop beating. Yet, when it did, when the dull beating finally came to a halt and my breath caught in my throat, I wasn't dead.

As crazy and implausible as it sounds, I wasn't dead.

The burning wouldn't stop for what felt like days. Every inch of my body stiff and on fire. Yet somehow, the thought that my heart was no longer beating overpowered the pain in every aspect. I no longer felt the need to breathe and instead I screamed until the burning in my chest no longer allowed me to continue.

And then if by some twisted miracle the man who caused my suffering was there. He was back and he was there and he was carrying me. I was all too aware of the ice that was touching my skin but it did nothing for the fire in my blood. I could hear the panic in the monsters voice as he dropped me at the feet of another. I could feel the ice from their hands as they moved me again and again as I screamed and I screamed.

Then, there was nothing.

There was no fire.

There were no words.

There was no ice touching my skin.

And still, ever so present in my mind,

There was no heartbeat.

I was alive but my body was no longer.

______________________________________

A/N
Yes that was very short! Think of it as an introduction! Lots more coming soon. Don't forget to leave some love <3.

HEY YOU!
interested in another Edward x OC vampire story - check out Corinna on my page thanks
-pezzy