Kidnapped

I figured my best bet was to go to La Push. Of course, I couldn't actually cross into their territory. It struck me as odd that, assuming Bella knew about the tension between the Quileutes and the Cullens, and yet she continued to betray her so-called mate for a mutt. I wasn't entirely sure what my plan was, but I knew it started with talking to Bella without the supervision of the others.

I had to remind myself I wasn't doing this for him, Edward, that is. I was doing it for the rest of my family. If any of them turned a human in this age it would have consequences not even Carlisle could fix. Especially a girl with other options, hundreds of options. A family, children, her own parents...

I knew Alice could see what I was doing, which meant Edward would find out soon enough. I could feel the way he cared for her. I just needed a little time alone with her. I stopped short of crossing into their territory and instead paced up and down the road. Sure enough, an hour or so passed and the familiar rumble of her truck came down the road. I strolled to the middle of the road and I watched as she slammed on her breaks, them squealing in response, before coming to a stop in front of me.

I watched her eyes widen in fear as I waved. She didn't attempt to get out of the car so I tried smiling. It felt forced and I knew she could see that. I sighed and stormed over to the passenger side door. She struggled to lock the door before I could open it.

"Really?" I asked as I pulled a little harder, popping the door open.

"What...What are you doing?" She looked frightened.

"Drive," I commanded, "Somewhere public."

I hoped my suggestion would put her at ease. Her hands shook as she started driving. Her pulse was rapid and her smell was nauseating in the small truck. I groaned and slammed a fist against the dash. She yelped and her grip tightened on the steering wheel. I didn't know how to start this, hell, I didn't even know what it was I was trying to figure out. I wanted her out of my family. I wanted her to go and live her life, actually live it.

"Where am I going?" She asked, her voice shaking.

"I'm not planning on hurting you, Bella," I muttered and looked around. We were getting close to the mall. I spotted a small coffee shop and my hand shot up quickly to point at it. Bella flinched. Hard. The car jerked to the left and I reached out quickly to pull the car into the parking lot before it spun out. When the truck came to a stop I could hear Bella's heart pounding.

"Come on," I muttered. As much as I was trying to protect my family from the Volturi, I knew being alone with her - and the possibility that I would snap and, y'know, kill her - was a more sure way of getting their attention.

"Uh...Marceline, wait," she dug around in the back seat before pulling out a pair of sunglasses, "You wanted to be in public."

I snatched the glasses from her and slipped them on. I waited for her to take a seat at one of the smaller tables outside before sitting across from her. I knew Edward would be looking for her, and subsequently the rest of the family would be looking for me. I flipped the glasses to the top of my head to better look at her, careful to listen for anyone coming towards us.

"What do you want with me?" She whispered.

"I want the truth, Bella," I pulled the glasses down as a waiter stopped to ask us if we wanted anything.

"No, we're fine," Bella said avoiding his gaze.

"Actually," I flashed a dazzling smile his way, "Let me get a cup of tea, hot. And two bagels with cheese."

I waited until he walked away before turning back to Bella.

"The tea will calm your heart," I explained, "Which will be better for both of us."