Explanation

When they arrived at the house Jasper slipped beside me on the couch. I knew he planned on keeping the calm as I felt a wave of emotion rush over me. Edward didn't deserve a calm discussion. He deserved to be ripped apart and pay for what he did. For what he's doing.

"This is Bella," Esme said as she introduced the small brunette girl. I watched in disgust as they flocked around her to protect her.

I stood carefully and walked to where she stood across from me. Edward growled in warning and I ignored him. As if he could take me. She visibly shied away from my gaze but she didn't break eye contact. Smart girl.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked.

"No," she answered.

I turned to meet Carlisles weary gaze. He nodded and said something that only Edward could hear.

"Bella..this is Marceline," Edward started, "She's a part of us."

"Her eyes..." Bella whispered, as if the room full of vampires couldn't hear her.

"I live up to what I was created to do," I smiled at her. She didn't return the gesture. I continued.

"Isn't that right, Edward? This is who you wanted me to be, isn't it?" I smirked as his eyes shot helplessly between Bella and Carlisle.

"What is she talking about?" Bella asked.

"Marceline," Carlisle stopped me, "Bella is Edward's mate."

I froze. His mate. The word bounced around my head. Anger welled up inside me. I could feel Jasper struggling to keep me calm. The way my talent clashed with his made it possible to exclude myself from his power, but usually I allowed him to do as he pleased. I closed my eyes and waited until the anger diminished.

"Are you kidding me?" I heard Rosalie yell and she stood up.

"Rose, please," Edward tried to stop her and I assumed he could hear what she was thinking.

"This is bullshit," she yelled.

"I have to agree with her there," I laughed in frustration.

I finally opened my eyes to see Edward staring warningly at Rosalie. I could see the frustration growing on Bellas face as she struggled to understand what was happening.

Bella.

I watched in confusion as the girl, Marceline, laughed. I was fed up with the silent conversations Edward was having and all the twists and turns his world brought upon me. I tried to shove him out of the way to better see the girl.

She had long pale strawberry hair and blood red eyes. I knew that meant she fed on blood....human blood. She was devastatingly beautiful and I could feel the connection radiating between her and Edward. I saw the way her eyes shot open when Carlisle referred to me as Edward's mate, and the way Edward sighed in frustration.

I turned around to storm out of the house and I heard Edward mutter something before following me. I held my hand out to stop him.

"Leave me alone," I hissed. He looked shocked and continued towards me.

"Bella, you're not safe alone," he insisted. I knew deep down he was right, but anger took ahold of me as I left Jaspers presence.

"I was before you....before you can along!" I shouted before storming off.

I slammed the door of my truck before glancing at him. He stood statue still where I had yelled at him. He didn't attempt to follow me and I silently thanked him for that. We had been arguing more than I cared to admit. I gunned the engine and took off from the house. I didn't know where I was going but anywhere sounded better than there right now.

Marceline.

I hadn't moved from my spot in the living room, still reeling back from what Carlisle had said. His mate. I groaned in frustration again as I heard a truck door slam. Rosalie was looking at me sympathetically and Alice was lost in thought somewhere. I assumed she was trying to see where Bella and Edward had gone.

I was shocked twice following that. The first being Edward storming in the house, without Bella, and the second when Alice cursed and looked to Carlisle and Jasper.

"I can't see anything," she shot a look to Edward, "She's going somewhere with those dogs."

I broke out in laughter.

"She's mixed up with those mutts, too?" I laughed harder, "Really picked a great mate, Edward."

My laughter broke off as he yelled out angrily and slammed a fist through the wall. Everyone watched in silent shock. He had never reacted this way around any of us, not even myself.

"She's always with them," a voice spoke up and I was surprised to find that it came from Alice.

She had been protecting Bella this whole time, so for her to say something negative was new. Edward screamed this time and another hole appeared in the wall. Emmett finally stepped in and wrestled him upstairs. I couldn't help but laugh again.

"I shouldn't have come here," I groaned.

Esme had disappeared to the shed out back to patch up the holes. Alice and Jasper had gone off to talk in private. Rosalie shook her head and muttered something, but I knew it was directed at Edward. She followed after Esme. I was left alone with Carlisle. He was glaring at the holes in the wall and I knew he would have something fierce to say about it later. I looked to him in exasperation.

"Carlisle, I don't know what to do," I admitted, "I think I should leave."

"No," he stated firmly, "Fix it."

"What?" I asked. He had never denied my choice to leave.

"Fix. This." He turned to look at me, "Marceline, you and Edward...look. Whatever it is that's going on. Fix it. If he wants to be with Bella then you leave it be," he explained.

"You think I'm jealous?" I nearly gagged.

"No. I think you're trying to keep what happened to you from happening to Bella," he sighed, "Fix it. Talk to Edward. Don't talk to him. I don't care. But I won't have my family torn apart over this."

"I am your family," I whispered, "What about me?"

"I'm telling you this because you're family," he looked me in the eye, "And if she's his mate then eventually she will be family, too."

"Do you actually think she is?" I asked, defeated.

I had expected him to answer immediately. But instead of his confident, assured, authorative tone that usually followed a question, I was met with silence. I looked up to find him looking at the holes in the wall, once again. I heard another frustrated scream from upstairs followed by glass shattering. Emmett cursed loudly at his brother. Whatever Carlisle was thinking obviously struck a chord in his son.

"I don't know," he said to me finally.

I couldn't handle that. Not having an answer was worse than anything else he could have said. For once, I took in what he was saying to me. I wasn't going to sit here and let everything fall apart. I'd fix it.

But first, I had to find Bella.