Remember

The meadow had always been our escape. The flowers that bloomed in the spring, the cool breeze that swept through in the fall, and the way the sun shone down reflecting his beauty in the light. We were able to be alone without fear of judgement.

As I ran I couldn't help but think of the old days. It was so blurry now it was harder to create a clear image in my head. I pushed through the trees. Alice was right, right now I was the only one who could convince him to listen. I understood his pain on a level indescribable to the others.

As I neared the clearing, I slowed to a walk. I could hear the sound of wood splintering and angry screams of pain. I waited in the treeline for a moment watching him. He was furious. Every tree that he ripped from the ground and shattered beneath his hands was a clear representation of how he felt.

I sighed as I walked into the clearing.

Edward.

I felt the tree crack under the pressure from my grip and I screamed as I threw it to the side. How could she? Betray me. Sneak around behind my back. Nearly ruin my family's reputation.

I threw another tree against the ground. I fell back from the force and pulled another from the ground around me.

This wasn't her fault. It was my own. I never should have gotten involved with her. I slammed my fist into the tree. She didn't love me, and I knew it. She knew I could never give my full heart to her, either. I screamed in frustration.

She was just a replacement. A way of dealing with the loss I had felt for so many years. I cracked another tree beneath my hands. I could never risk my family by turning a human I didn't truly love.

My head snapped to the trees as I heard someone's footsteps. I turned to find Marceline cautiously walking towards me. Her long hair fell in waves across her shoulders. She had borrowed another skirt from Alice and it clung to her hips that swayed when she walked towards me. Her eyes were dark and clouded. She hadn't eaten since she had been here, and yet, she was still stronger than I was. She was beautiful. Bella had a fragile, clumsy sense of beauty about her, but Marceline...she had always managed to take my breath away.

I shook my head to clear those thoughts away. She didn't deserve flattery. She had ruined everything. This had been her fault since the moment she came into my life. I felt a growl rip through my chest as I threw a piece of the tree at her.

Marceline.

I had expected him to be angry when he saw me, but the throwing of a tree at my head seemed a bit of an overkill. My hands shot up in front of me and the wood cracked beneath my grip. I stormed towards him as he glared at me.

I didn't exactly want to talk to him either, but he could at least pretend for a moment. I had spent decades avoiding him but now he had to listen whether he wanted to or not.

"How dare you?" He growled at me.

"What?" I snapped as I came face to face with him.

"You ruined everything! Why did you even come here? Was it Rosalies idea?" He accused me, "Some big plan to hurt me?"

"It isn't my fault she didn't love you," I spat at him. I watched as he shook in anger, "And I don't think you loved her as much as you thought."

"Do you even know what I went through for her?" He was growing angrier by the minute.

"Do you know the risk you put us in by even thinking about her?" I yelled back.

"Us?" He growled quietly, "How can you include yourself in our family?"