The Volturi

I helped dismember the rest of Riley and Victoria, avoiding Edwards gaze all the while. I kept my mind busy by testing my power with various detatched body parts.

Arm? No
Leg? Nothing
Victoria's head? Atrocious, but no

"If I can't read her detatched mind then I doubt there's any feeling left in her," Edward mumbled as he lit the pile on fire.

"It was worth a shot," I pursed my lips, "But you have a point."

"Can we...talk about-" he started but I waved a hand to stop him.

"I'm gonna check on Seth," I brushed the snow off my boots, "Deal with her. I can't take the blood."

By the time I got to Seth he was still out cold, both metaphorically and literally. His inner heater had begun to dwindle in the snow. I awkwardly shimmied him into my jacket before realizing that wasn't really the main concern.

"Uh," I clicked my tongue as I looked around.

I made my way up the cliff side to find Edward haphazardly packing the tent as Bella gathered Jacobs clothes. I did an awkward half-run, half-jog over to her and plucked a pair of shorts from her before making my way back to Seth. After a couple awkward attempts at putting the shorts on him without looking - like I said, decency - Edward appeared beside me and took over. I thanked him and picked Seth up as gracefully as I could without touching him to me, as a way to keep the smell away and hopefully not drop his temperature anymore.

I turned to head towards the tall black columns of smoke in the distance when Edward reached out to stop me. Bella was standing a few yards ahead of us, waiting.

"What?" I snapped, not looking at him.

"We're going to talk about this, okay?" He tried to look me in the eyes, but I only nodded and took off.

When I reached the others, I knew something was wrong. There was a young girl knelt in front of Esme, Jasper, and Emmett with her eyes closed. Carlisle and Alice were on the ground and some of the boys from the pack were worriedly watching whoever Carlisle was looking at. Rosalies was holding Leah Clearwater back from the boy on the ground, and when she saw me enter the field with Seth she fell to her knees.

"Seth?" Leah cried, stumbling towards me.

"He's okay, I think. Just really cold," I said as I handed her brother to her.

I heard Edward and Bella behind me and Rosalie gave him a look. He pulled Bella back whispering something to her. I looked to Rosalie for answers.

"He was hurt...really badly," Rose whispered.

"Let me see him!" Bella suddenly screamed out and made her way to Jake, who Carlisle was gently examining.

I could make out his blood staining the white snow. I felt sick.

"Marceline, come here, please," Jaspers voice was thick.

I stood silent. Unable to take my eyes off the scene in front of me. Fires were everywhere. Jacobs blood was strong. I could hear Leah and Bella crying. I blinked. Suddenly, Jasper was next to me. He was pulling me towards the young girl Esme was talking to.

"Who is she?" I whispered.

"She said she didn't want to hurt anyone," Esme mumbled.

"It isn't our decision anymore," Alice suddenly froze. "They're coming."

My eyes shot to the pack. I found Sams eyes and he nodded. Slowly they began to leave. Leah carried her brother. All that was left were my family, Jacob -who Carlisle didn't believe could be moved safely - Bella, and the girl. I held my breath as I watched the hooded figured walk through the snow. They stopped a few feet from where Esme stood. She kept her head high.