Chapter 6

Sorry about it being a short chapter ;-;

but- agh this is a nice lil thing :3

...

"Kai!" The fire elemental heard the yell and reared back his dragon. Was that...?

"Jay?" He looked behind him. "Jay? You here?" Kai began to panic. Had Jay already faded? Where was he? Had the rain gotten to him? Was water actually a weakness? Had he-

"Kai! Please!"

He heard the yell clearly that time. And it seemed to be coming from below. He pulled his dragon up and into a dive, to find Jay. Why he felt it was the right thing to do was beyond him, but, he did it anyway.

As he bulleted ever closer to the ground, the wind blew his already ruined hair back. His dragon's wings were folded back, they were growing closer to the ground by the millisecond. He dashed after what he was chasing.

What if Jay was still on the dragon?

It was then he saw the flicker.

He saw a flicker of a person.

"Jay!"

He forced his dragon to dive lower. The rain was hitting his face.

It was hard to see, but he was flicking, finally being able to be seen. He was flailing in the air. Nothing to help him.

He tried to go faster. Turning on his com, he spoke. "Help. Someone. I'm losing Jay. I'm losing him! He's falling- Crap- WATER."

The other ninja had fallen into what seemed to be a lake. A splash resounded. Was he given a physical form?

"Jay!" He made no move to slow his dragon down as they dived into the lake. Sure, he was afraid of water, but this was important.

They made contact, water splashing and the dragon dissipating.

A fading blue glow was growing smaller in the water. He swam deeper and deeper as that was his goal. He needed to save Jay.

He ignored the slight shock from his com. He didn't need it anymore. As long as he could get to Jay, everything would be fine.

It would all be fine.

If he could just get to him...

The water was pushing him up, he was getting sluggish.

Everything was going awry.

No saving him now.

Just had to...

Reach...

Jay...

It was taking forever, the water getting worse.

How deep was this?

Keep going...

Don't stop.

The light was staying the same size now.

He could keep going...

He was...

The light was beginning to fade.

He was reaching the bottom...

Closer, now...

The light was weaker.

He just had to.

The chains and shackles and sluggishness of the water rolled off of him as he reached Jay, finally visible.

Kai couldn't breathe. Jay couldn't either.

He grabbed the other in his arms as the darkness closed in on him as well.

Their time was gone.

It was time to rest...

The water was peace...