Chapter Ten: A Date?!

*Y/N's POV*

"A week ago we sent our first-year students places out and inside the kingdom. To lend a hand and defend, these students did just that. The only first years to take on a mission. That was even difficult for the bravest huntsmen. That had to do with destroying a spawn that contained Grimm. One teammate was terribly injured and taken into our hands to help her recover. And now this team will have a story to tell that will go down history." Ozpin stated and stood aside for Professor Goodwitch.

"I will now announce the members of the team (T/M). Ms. T/M3 L/N3." She called.

T/M3 walked up and bowed her head for a medal to be placed around her neck. The crowd cheered as it was placed. Goodwitch went for a handshake but was soon replaced with a big hug from T/M3. Goodwitch awkwardly hugged back. I laughed, T/M1 followed.

T/M3 pulled away and gave a handshake to Ozpin then playfully salutes to General Ironwood. She walked back towards us with a big smile. Goodwitch straightened her glasses as she grabbed the next medal.

"Next up is Ms. T/M2 L/N2." She announced.

T/M2 smiled as she walks to Goodwitch. She bows awaiting the medal to settle on her neck. Goodwitch gently placed it, then T/M2 looked up to shake her hand. She smiled as she walked to Ozpin then nodded proudly to the General.

T/M2 walked back to get a big hug from her girlfriend.

"Next up is Ms. T/M1 L/N1," She added.

T/M1 smiled at me before walking up to Goodwitch. Bowed to receive the medal. Her eyes sparkled as she looked up. Goodwitch had no choice but to smile back as she shook her hand. T/M1 went to shake Ozpin's hand then the general.

She rushed back to give a group hug. The three smiled at me since it was my turn.

"And last but not least. The team's leader, Ms. Y/N L/N." Goodwitch finished.

I smiled as the crowd roared, I couldn't face them since cameras were flashing everywhere. I nodded at Goodwitch and bowed my head. I felt the fabric on the back of my neck. I couldn't help the good type of goosebumps to roll across my skin. I stood up and shook her hand.

"You did good, " she muttered.

I smiled and walked toward the General and Professor Ozpin. I gave them both a wide smile as I shook their hands. I walked back to my team giving them a giant group hug.

"We did it, guys!" I cheered.

"Oh! My friend this is just the beginning!" T/M3 said.

"Please give a round of applause for our heroic four!" Goodwitch announced.

We stood tall amongst the crowd waving and smiling to all. I couldn't even hear myself think from the amount of cheering coming from each person.

"Team (Team name) look this way!" A female photographer shouted.

We all hugged each other and struck a pose.

*Hours later*

We all were walking to our dorm from the dance club downtown. Each of us was laughing like crazy, not that we're drunk. But because the photographer gave us the group photo.

"Ha Ha! Look at your face T/M2!" T/M3 pointed hysterically at the picture.

"Me?! Look at you! No even does the peace sign anymore!" T/M2 laughed.

"Okay you two, we all agree that we all look goofy in the photo." T/M1 smiled.

"Agreed, " I said.

"Hey Y/N!" I heard a voice call my name.

I turn and see Cinder, she gestured for me to come to her with her finger. I hear a flirty whistle come from T/M2.

"Ooh! Looks like Y/N has herself a girl~" T/M1 snickered.

"Go get 'em, tiger!" T/M3 said as she shoved me towards her.

I quickly caught my balance and struck an angry glare. I turned back only to see Cinder right in front of me.

"Congrats on the award. Never knew a girl like you could handle that mission." She complimented.

"Well, I guess you can say I'm full of surprises." I blushed.

"Indeed you are. In fact, I can be the same if you want me too~" Cinder whispered as she walks closer.

Her hand cupped my cheek. I just stood there staring into those beautiful eyes. I look up to see my teammates making kissy faces. I glared at them.

Cinder noticed and giggled. Her other hand rested on my chest.

"Listen, I just wanted to ask you out for dinner and a movie tomorrow night. If that's okay with you, " She asked.

"A-A date? Well. S-Sure I have nothing to do tomorrow." I stuttered.

She giggled, "Then it's settled. 6:30 meet me over by the theater."

She leaned forward and kiss my cheek. She walked away "Bye, Bye~"

I held my cheek in shock.

"Soo, what'd she say?" T/M3 sung.

"A date... She asked me out on a date..." I said.

"Ha Ha! Y/N finally snatched one!" T/M2 cheered.

"An upperclassmen too, I believe. Y/N you lucky dog!" T/M1 giggles.

"I guess you're right, I am lucky, " I still spoke in shock.

*T/M1's POV*

"T/M1!" I look over at the person calling my name.

"Weiss!" I smiled and ran towards her.

We crashed in a big embrace as I spun her around a few times. I then let her down and looked her in the eyes.

"Congrats, I knew you could do it!" She said.

"I only survived because I thought of you, " I assured.

We held hands and touched foreheads.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really," I answered.

We touched lips, then locked. Feeling her warmth longingly and happily.