I'm Hungry

"Hey sis!" You brother called.

"Yeah Lucas?" You asked, placing your book down.

"What are we having for dinner?" He asked, poking his head around the corner into the living room to talk to you clearly.

"I don't know. I'll check what's in the cupboard." You stood up, placing your book down and starting to walk to the kitchen, as you did, you felt your stomach begin to shoot pain through your body. Your headache got worse. It must have been because you it up too quickly or something. You stayed down on the floor to wait until the pain would calm down. "L-Lucas, can you get me some pain killers?" You asked, turning to face where he was before. He wasn't there, he was never there in the first place. You scrunched up your hands into fists and waited for the pain to die down so you could stand up. After a minute or so, you got up and linked over to the kitchen. You opened the cupboard and gasped. Your eyes widened and you felt sick to the stomach. There was no food of water left. You stumbled back and placed your hand over you mouth. You had to leave the apartment to get some food. You would usually just get up and go, but with the amount of zombies you saw outside the house, you knew this was going to be quite the journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on (Y/N)! Time to go food shopping." You smiled at yourself in your bedroom mirror as you picked up your large school bag. You looked at yourself and frowned a little. You looked like a scruffy school girl. Since the apocalypse, no one had been around to judge you, so you let yourself slip out of perfection. You kept your hair in the same plat so you didn't need to brush it. It had also gotten quite long so you had to cut your own hair. You were wearing your school uniform, not daring to take it off. You didn't wash it and you only changed when winter came around and it was time to wear the winter uniform. Maybe what you were doing was a little strange, but you felt like you needed to honour everyone by staying in your school uniform, so you did.

You hiked up your bag and started to leave your house. It had been a couple of weeks since you had left the house, maybe even close to a month. You topped outside the house apartment and gasped. You had almost forgotten your knife! The only weapon you had! You dashed back indoors and grabbed the shark tool. You then continued on your journey. You could stop at seven eleven, but the real shopping centre was just a mile away and you were sure you had raided all of what was left of the gasp station. You grabbed onto the straps of your bag and sighed. This was just like walking to school, normally.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Makoto grinned and ran up to you.

"Ah! Makoto!" You smiled. "I didn't know you walked this way to school?"

"I'm starting to walk a different path, and since you're on it. I'll defiantly continue to walk to school like this." She smiled down at you. You gulped and looked away, a small blush forming on your cheeks. You didn't deserve her friendship.

You kicked a stone and sighed. Things weren't so bad, at least it wasn't raining acid or anything. It was just a little further to the shops until you heard a groan coming from beside you, it was quite far away, so everything seemed okay. You turned around and clutched You knife carefully, the zombie was on you trail, it must have picked up your scent. You started to walk forward faster, hoping to avoid taking down a zombie. The shops were just a little further. Your speed walking picked up into a run. The zombie was nowhere near you, but that doesn't mean you weren't afraid.

Your legs grew tired and your throbbing headache only grew more painful. The shops were in sight so you just used that to pull you on. The sun was hot making you sweet profoundly. 'It must be summer..' You thought to yourself. As you continued closing in on the shops, you saw that there were quite a number of zombies crowding around the large shopping centre. You gripped the knife and walked in. The shops had were packed, that was for sure. You crouched down and made sure to go undetected. They can hear very well. You looked around at the decaying souls a cursed under your breath. You either die here, or die of starvation. You walked into a Aldi and looked around, no one seemed to be in there. You took off your bag and placed it on a counter, you then started to explore the shops for any type of packaged food. You jogged through, not wanting to stay here any longer than you had to.

You skidded past some isles and took down some food. Packets of chips, cans, bottles of water and much more food. As your arms became full, you decided to head back to your bag and drop off all your items in it. You walked back to the counter, holding your knife tightly. As you passed the isles and came to the counter. You placed the food in the dark coloured bag. You heard the sound of feet slipping on plastic and immediately turned around. There was a zombie, it looked like a girl, but you could never tell. "I guess I can't go on a journey without killing one of you." You sighed and walked closer to it.

Your knife was facing the bottom end. You hit her with the blunt end of the handle. You actually did this on purpose, because in that split second you somehow decided that it would be the way to keep her noise to a minimum. It actually worked. You felt barely any resistance in the swing as I collided with her head, knocking it clean aside. The women's half-formed syllable came out as a kind of weird grunt - a noisy exhalation is probably the best I could describe it. That happened at the same time as her head smacked into the cabinet from the force, and she fell backwards without any ability to keep her balance. You didn't hesitate at all to keep swinging at her while she was half lying down on the ground, this time your knife facing the right way. You didn't really know where to swing, so you kind of just started hacking at her collarbone area and chest. It didn't feel like the knife was going too deep, but there was a nice 'thunk' sort of sound every time the knife embedded into her. You even felt the soft sinking sensation ripple into your hands, like the knife was a kind of physical extension of your sense of touch.

On a whim, you swung once at her throat, but most of the swing actually missed and you hit the floor by accident, causing a loud, dull whack to resonate through the shops. You didn't have time to think about it. You swung again with better aim and got a more centred hit, feeling the bone or cartilage or whatever is in there, so you must have split it open. Right after that, you decided to swing at her face, and I got this diagonal cut along her nose and mouth, which felt like it did a lot of damage so you did it once more. You stood up straight and placed your foot on the side of her face and pulled the knife out. You wiped your knife on the side of your skirt to get the blood off the knife. As you did, you cut your thigh too. You cursed as the blade passed your bandages and slit your already scared leg. It made the white bandages fall off your leg. It showed your cuts and bruises. Of course, you didn't do this on purpose. Since you knife was quite long, it would sometimes end up cutting you upper leg or lower waist. You didn't have a million cuts, only three or four, but not it was about five because you had just cut yourself again just then. You picked up the bandages and wrapped it around your cut. The white cotton turning red from the new blood. You zipped up your bag and placed it on your back, you couldn't fit any other food in it. So you decided to head back home.

Little did you know, you had some new roommates.