Thoughts

You sat up and yawned. Everyone agreed you could stay the night, but as much as you never slept, you weren't tired. You rubbed your eyes and pushed the dirty blanket off of yourself. You stood up and looked at the boys who were all piled next to each other in slumber.

You sighed and ran your hands through your hair. You grabbed your knife and put it in your bag, you put the blade at the top so it wouldn't cut through the bag. You looked at the spare food and frowned, they needed it more than you did. "At least you know you're not alone.." You said to yourself. You hiked up your bag and grabbed a bottle of water from the pile, making sure they had enough to last a long time. You walked over to the trap door and grabbed the ladder, dropping it down the hatch. You took another glance at the boys. Then turned your head away.

You barely even knew them but you didn't want to leave, being alone with nothing but the undead was so terrifying. You forced yourself to look away, and jumped down the hatch. You landed on the floor and made sure not to make so much noise. You shakily sighed and stood up straight, beginning to walk through the bush, not caring where you ended up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You heard a crunch of leaves behind you and furrowed your brow. You quickly turned around and threw your knife at where you heard the noise. The knife hit a tree, cutting through the dead bark. You heard a familiar cry.

"Astro?! Are you insane?! I could have killed you!" You shouted at the trembling robot.

"Y-You're killing yourself going out here with no one!" Astro stepped out from beside a large bush, taking your knife out from the tree. "What are you doing here anyway?" He handed you the sharp object with the blade in his hand. You took the handle at ripped it out of his grasp. "Oh no.. you weren't planning on coming back, were you??"

"I'm still not planing on coming back." You turned around and began walking. Astro gasped and ran in front of you.

"You don't have any food!" You stopped and watched him with a straight face. "It's suicide being all by yourself!"

"Then I guessed I've survived suicide for a couple of years." You stepped to the side and started walking again. Astro clutched onto his stomach, didn't you know how long it's been?

"Four years." Astro told, not bothering to try and stop you. Your speed walking started to slow down.

"Four.. years..?" You whispered to yourself. You clutched onto your knife, turning your hand white.

"I've analysed you, (Y/N)." Astro said. You turned around to face him. "You're around seventeen years old."

You dropped your knife and felt the air in your lungs leave your body. "Seven.." You found it hard to breath in.

"I think it's time you met some new people." Astro stepped forward and held his hand out to you. You took a deep breath and shook your head.

"You're little group is going to run out of food and resources faster with me there." You mentioned.

"And? You're human, that's not a bad thing." Astro shrugged.

"You're a stupid android." You huffed and took his hand.

"Maybe so, but at least I'm not cruel."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remind me why we are on the roof again." You sighed. Instead of leaving you to sleep Astro dragged you up to the roof of the tree house so he could talk to you.

"So I can make sure you don't run away." Astro crossed his legs and looked up at the night sky.

"Right.." You mumbled, hugging your legs and placing your chin on your knees. After a moment or so of silence, you decided you would get up and go back to bed. "Listen Astr-"

"Can I get to know you better (Y/N)?" Astro turned to look you in the eyes.

"What?"

"It's just... tomorrow, you're going to feel a little out of place. I want to talk to you so you will have a friend to make sure everything isn't awkward." Astro explained.

You didn't speak for a moment. "Fine, you can get to know me." You sighed and pushed your legs out so your were less cramped up.

"Did you have any siblings?" Astro asked. You cringed and looked away, Astro decided to open up so you'd feel less 'in the spot light'. Astro smiled sadly. "I did." You turned to face him, suddenly interested in what he was saying. "Her name was Zoran. She was a robot too."

"Oh.." You weren't just about to ask Astro what happened to her, that would be going too far. After all, you and Astro were still almost strangers to each other.

"She was very cute." Astro looked down at his red boots. "I kinda regret not spending time with her every now and again.."

Your frowned and ever so slightly moved closer to Astro, in a sort of comforting way. "My brothers name was Lucas." You played with your finger. "He wasn't like a typical brother that fights with their older sister.."

"Really?" Astro asked, looking up at you.

"Yeah." You smiled to yourself. "He was kind, and sweet. But granted, there were some times we would fight."

"Heh, he sounds like a cool brother." Astro looked back down.

"I miss him a lot too." You admitted. This time, you decided you would ask Astro about something. "So, how long have you been friends with those four?"

"A while actually." Astro leaned back on the roof. "We've been there for each other through thick and thin."

"You're lucky to have your friends with you." You told him.

"I know, I'm very grateful that they are still alive."

"Good." You nodded.

"Is it okay if I ask about your friends..?" Astro placed his hands behind his head for better comfort. You sighed and ran your hands through your hair.

"To be honest, that's none of your-" You faced Astro and saw his expression was growing upset. You sighed and gave in. It was like puppy eyes but times 10 cuteness. I'll tell you about one of them." You came to an agreement.

"What was their name?" Astro questioned.

"Ami." You sighed, laying back on the roof like Astro. "She was the smartest in the whole grade, maybe even year level."

"Isn't she who you were talking about before? At your school."

"Yeah. That's her. Always getting the best scores." You chuckled breathlessly. "I wasn't so good with tests.. I would usually fail without Ami's help." Astro smiled.

"You idiot!" Rei smacked you over the head. "I told you to study!"

"I did Rei!" You cried, rubbing your head. "It's hard to study when I don't know how to correct my mistakes, or know if I have made any..."

Rei crosses her arms and made a small 'tsk' noise. "Don't worry (Y/N).." Makoto walked over to you with her back slouched, she pulled up her test scores.

"Eh?! Sixty percent!" Rei's hair frizzed. "You both are- are so-!"

"I'll help you both study next time." Ami shon you a small smile. "Well, if you want me to." She clutched onto her score sheet.

"Oh thank you Ami!" You hugged her tightly. "You're the best!"

"It's okay, (Y/N)."

You rubbed your eyes. "I wouldn't mind getting zero percent on any tests just to go back."

Astro frowned. "Do you want to go back to sleep (Y/N)?"

"Yes. I'm feeling pretty tired." You nodded and stood up quickly.

"I promise I won't tell the others about this." Astro stood up after you.

"I know." You turned back to Astro and shon him a grin. You began walking back inside. "Maybe we could talk more tomorrow night?" You felt pretty embarrassed asking that, but you kinda enjoyed opening up.

"I'd like that."