Penny For Your Thoughts?

You looked down. You jumped slightly when a tear landed on your hand. "Shit.." you mumbled, quickly drying your eyes with your uniform blazer. You hugged your knees and looked up at the sky. You were currently on the roof of the tree house, like every night.

Thoughts kept swarming your mind, so it's not like you could sleep anyway. You sighed and shook your head. You couldn't apologise to Astro! Whatever he was thinking of doing with you, it wouldn't turn out good. All he wants to do is to save everyone though.. But he doesn't even know if you are the cure! Would he care if you died?? You sniffled and cursed once again at the tears that fell from your eyes.

You thought Astro was a true friend, and after telling him all those things from your past, wouldn't he understand? He should, maybe he did. As your mind wandered off to other things. You suddenly thought of your friends and family.

"(Y/N) you idiot! You need to help Astro!" Rei placed her hands on her hips.

You hitched in a breath. This must be one of your silly mirages, because you haven't had any water or maybe it was because of a lack of sleep.

"Well I think she's been doing fine!" You shut your eyes tightly, it was Makoto.

"Yes, she's been her brains a lot." Ami was there too.

"And even in the zombie apocalypse, she's got herself a boy~" Minako teased.

"She's changed a lot!" Lucas.. Lucas your brother was there too.

"She's tough now." Your mother added.

"What are you thinking about?" Astro asked. Suddenly, all the nagging voice of your deceased family stopped. You gasped and sat up straight, looking where the voice came from, only to see Astro sitting on the edge of the roof, swinging his legs back and forth.

You stayed silent for a moment, trying to think of what to say. "Just how much I didn't know I liked you sitting next to me and talking with me until you were gone." You lied.

Astro stood up with a small smile. "That's nice." He came and plopped himself next to you, but he was slightly behind you. "But that's not what you're really thinking about."

You sighed and looked down, dropping your fake emotions. "I'm thinking of my friends- no, my family." You frowned. "And I'm thinking about what you asked me today, I could save the whole world! But I told you no..." Astro frowned and placed his hand on your shoulder in a comforting manner. "My family.. I wonder what they would think of my now.." You couldn't help yourself. You felt a river of tears flow down your face as you sobbed. You refused to look at Astro, you had never shown any emotion to him like this before. "They'd think I'm a mess." Your voice was shaky and small.

"I think you're pretty great.." You felt arms wrap around your waist and a small nuzzle into your back. You didn't move, not a single muscle apart from the single twitches of your chest when you were trying to regulate your breathing. You both stayed there, you didn't know for how long. All you knew is that you wouldn't rather be in anyone else's arms. You had never felt so secure in Astro's gentle hold.

Astro didn't even need to say anything, the loving moment that was shared between you was worth much more than one million words. His grip around your waist and your arms, never loosened, not one bit.

"A-Astro..?" Your voice was croaky.

"Yes (Y/N)?" Astro asked. Your breathing was getting slower, but your heart beat only increased.

"I.." You shakily sighed. "I think I love you.." You admitted.

"I think I might love you too." Astro gulped. His hug became a little tighter.

"I want to stay with you tonight.."

"I won't let you sleep one more night on the floor."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reno crossed his arms and leaned on the wall, looking down in anger as the others listened to Astro with mixed emotions.

"(Y/N) has told me she's okay with us taking a bit of blood." Astro informed the boys. "All we need to do is figure out what makes her blood different from ours, if we can do that, then we will be able to find out the cure."

You breathed out nervously and looked down. Reno decided to speak up, seeing your nervous attitude. "You're joking, right Astro?" He asked, his tone was a little harsh. "You know that if we mess even one thing up, she's as good as gone."

Astro nodded sadly and looked down. "We have to try."

"Unbelievable." Reno scoffed.

"Reno.." Alejo placed a hand on the tall boys shoulder, to which Reno brushed off.

"She's just a kid Astro!" Reno gestured over to you. Reno was a bit older than you. "I may be one too, but I'm seeming to be the only mature one in this room!"

Astro sighed and looked down. "Reno please I've already-"

"Sure sure, you've already asked her and she's said yes. That doesn't mean she isn't scared to death!" You clenched onto your skirt. "Heck! I'm even scared for her!"

"I am too Reno, but-" Astro was once again cut off.

"We aren't nearly smart enough to handle a human being! Sure Alejo might have gotten good scores on tests back in the day, or Astro might have what's left of the internet, but this has never happened before!"

"Reno." You stood up, you gave as dull face as ever, hiding every emotion that was practically begging to burst. "That's enough." You stated.

"But-!" He sighed and shook his head, crossing his arms. "Fine, fine. Don't say I didn't warn you." He stomped over to his tool box, taking out his classic wrench.

"We won't need to." Astro stated firmly, standing up with the others. "Let's go (Y/N)." Astro opened the trap door. Everyone began grabbing their weapons.

"Where exactly are we going?" You questioned, reaching for your knife.

"The Ministry of science."