Starting A New

"Father?!" You turned to Astro with wide eyes.

"Ah, Tobio.." The older man grinned.

"That's not my name!" Astro hissed, stepping back into a running position.

The man just chuckled breathlessly. "I see you're still in working condition, good job my boy." Surrounding the man in the black trench coat were many of those robot dogs, they had blue liquid dripping from their sharp teeth and swirling around in their mouth. "Although, you know you weren't supposed to have any friends to help you through the tough time." Tenma frowned and shook his head. "I let that slide, but now that you have... her.." Tenma turned to you. "That's definitely not allowed. She's going to ruin my last test for you, Tobio."

Astro's face was ridded with anger, he looked like he was just about to shoot the man. "Are you insane Tenma!? I knew you had something to do with this whole apocalypse, but I didn't think you would start it!!" Astro stepped forward, making the robot dogs get in a pouncing position. "And all because you can't forget about your dead son!"

Tenma huffed under his breath and clenched his fists. "I would have let this one go Tobio, but now you've made me upset. You need to be punished for speaking to your father in such a tone." After Tenma said that, his dark hounds leaped at the six of you, you gasped and plunged the knife into one of their heads head before it could snap at you.

"Don't let them bite you!" Astro shot one with his arm cannon. Abercrombie swung his bat at a dog, sending it flying. As you kept putting the dogs down, one crept up behind you. You hadn't noticed this, but Reno did. As it stepped into a pouncing position, he ran behind you.

"(Y/N)! watch out!" Reno yelped, jumping in the way of the dog so it bit him instead of you. You gasped and turned around, forgetting about the dogs coming after you. You stabbed the dog that hooked itself onto Reno and pushed it off him. Reno groaned. You looked to the wound and saw the dog had snuck it's teeth into Reno, he was bleeding, but he wasn't bleeding red blood, it was foaming up and turning a different colour. He was turning into a zombie.

"Shit!" You caught Reno as he fell onto you and you kneeled down, resting his head on your lap. His eyes fluttered closed and his skin became a mouldy green colour.

"Did he get bitten??" Astro asked, stepping behind you to protect you from the robots.

"Y-Yeah!" You nodded and held him close to you. "You're a real idiot Reno..!" You mumbled to him, patting back his hair in a soothing manner, you couldn't imagine how painful it would be to turn into a zombie, so you tried you best to make Reno feel okay. Astro cursed and continued to protect you and Reno, the others were struggling to keep the dogs at bay.

Tenma watched the whole scene fold out before him. He was still holding his victorious grin, but that grin soon faded when he realised that he was running out of robots.

Reno started coughing and wheezing. He was shaking violently in your arms. His mouth start to fill with foam as he let out a choked groan. You cringed at the state he was now in. Reno- or what was left of him- began moving and trying to bite you. You gave him a hug that made sure he wouldn't be able to sink his teeth into you. He kept choking out groans and nashing his teeth as you held him close in the tight hug. You sighed shakily and pushed him back onto the floor. "You'd better hope this works Reno.." You grumbled and rolled up your sleeve.

"(Y/N)?? What are you doing?!" Astro questioned, finding it hard to keep an eye on you and any incoming dogs.

You didn't reply, you wait for Reno to get up and limp towards you. You grabbed him in a head lock and placed you forearm in him mouth. You pressed down on his jaw, making his teeth tare through you flesh. He sucked onto your arm for a bit before you ripped him of and pushed him back. "That should be enough.." you felt a little woozy from loosing so much blood.

You stood back up and grabbed your knife. You held onto your bleeding bite mark and watched as Kennedy threw his spear into the last dog. Tenma growled and stepped back. Astro walked up to Tenma slowly, his hand folding back out.

"Your our prisoner now, Tenma." Astro growled. "You're going to stay here until you make the cure, again and again and again." He pocked Tenma's chest. "You're going to fix all the wrong things you've done, and if you try to disobey me, I'll make sure you get infected, then we will see if you made the antidote properly."

Tenma's eyes widened and so did everyone's.

"Do you understand me, father?" Astro hissed. Tenma nodded slowly.

"Yes... Son."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astro had bandaged up your arm and you thanked him. "I'm going to look like a mummy soon." You laughed breathlessly, gesturing to all the bandages on your legs. Astro laughed too. You sighed and looked over to Reno, his skin was already looking better but he was still asleep. Astro noticed where you were looking and smiled softly.

"What you did.. that was very brave." Astro looked over to the sleeping boy.

"And stupid.." You added, Astro shrugged and nodded.

"Yes, but it was mostly brave." Astro placed his hands on your shoulders.

"I would have done the same thing for you." You shrugged as a bit of colour came into your cheeks.

"And I you." Astro smiled. You looked away with a flustered smile as your hair casted a shadow over your eyes. Astro's hands moved from your shoulders down to your hands, making sure to lightly brush over Reno's bite mark. You leaned down a little and kissed Astro. He moved his mouth against your lips, wanting some more attention.

"Work faster! Aren't you supposed to be a doctor??" Alejo growled at Tenma.

"I'm not that kind of doctor..." Tenma hissed.

"We don't care!!!" Kennedy yelled, making Tenma jump and drop his syringe.

"Look what you did now!" Abercrombie crossed his arms. You pulled back from Astro's embrace to see what all the yelling was about. When you saw the three boys ordering around the older man you laughed a little.

You heard a groan behind you and quickly turned around. Reno sat up, rubbing his head. He blinked a few times and then looked around. "Ugh.."

"Reno?" You asked.

"What did I miss?" He asked, with a slight smirk.

"You idiot!" You cried, grabbing him and pulling him into a tight hug, that was followed by Astro joining it.

"Woah! You guys really missed me huh?" Reno chuckled nervously.

"Don't you ever do that again!!" You scolded Reno. Reno sweat dropped and rubbed the back of his head as you continued to tell him off with Astro nodding in agreement.

Everything was going to go back to normal now. Everyone would be alive once again

and you all couldn't wait.