one

6 hours before

Korey

"You're not going out tonight, are you, honey?" My mom pleads, blinking her eyelashes sweetly.

"I wish I could say no, mum, but..."

I sigh as I look at my mom from the corner of my eye. Shes got her hands in the pockets of her thin cardigan, obviously in bunches. I've explained her to plan for tonight thousands of times. I didn't just get the idea like that. It takes ages to figure this out. To plan out this Purge.

"I know... I just..." She lets out a sigh as he runs one of her hands through her ponytail. "Can you atleast not pack your bag in the middle of the backyard? The neighbors are staring."

She's right, they are staring. They're all worried that they might be on my hit list. I suppose I'd be afraid too if the crazy girl on my block was packing a bag of aresonals.

I wish I liked daggers and knives; It'd be a lot scarier.

"Sorry, mum." I shrug as I finish throwing things in my bag. "I've gotta do what I've gotta do."

"Alright. Well, it isn't for a bit. Come home for dinner at 5:30, please." She bites her lip and comes over, pulling my into a hug. She squeezes my head against her chest before letting out a muffled sob. "I never thought this would happen."

I shoot her a apologetic smile before zipping up my bag and throwing it over my shoulder. I try to act calm, my hands being still but my knees are weak. It's an odd feeling doing something you've thought about a lot.

It's kind of like a dream.

I let out a shaky breath before heading inside. We've been fortunate to get a secure system all set up at the last minute and a quick electric fence around the perimeter. Not that anyone would attack.

My Father, a soldier, is home for the month. His mother (who also lives with us) is celebrating her birthday today. I think it's kind of depressing but she likes to reminesce of all the bad things that happened without out this Purge.

He trained me when I was very young. Quickly at the age of 7, I was given my own rifle. I quickly learnt my love for guns then. He loved to take me to the range and shoot the targets.

"You're a natural, Kor."

I put my bag near the door and head down towards my crap car. It's not legal yet to be out carrying weapons and refills in public. Anyways, I have other things to do.

I promised the gang we'd meet up one last time before this all starts. We need to discuss the plan quickly. I don't know if they've even packed their bag or even trained somewhat.

Of course I did though. I've done my stretches and jogged around the block. I've even been working on my sleeping habbits so I wouldn't be tired to night. There's no room for that here.

-

"So, wait, what's the plan again?" Michael says between a fit of laughter.

"For fuck sake, Mike!" I nearly growl, running my hand through my hand and breathing harshly -- trying not to pull my hair out of my head.

"I'm sorry!" He throws his hands in the air. "Ash asked me if I wanted to get high one last time an-"

"Guys!" I shout, throwing myself off the sofa and standing up forfully. "We're not dying tonight. None of us are going to be doing the dying." I shake my head.

"Uh, yeah, she's right." Mumbles Luke as he nods his head agreeingly. "If we say we're gonna live, we're gonna live." He pauses. "Right? Right?" He looks around, chuckling as though it helps reassure himself.

I just stand there, looking at the group. Michael suggested when I first mentioned our plausible revenge that we call ourselves Team Kill'em. Of course, we all said no and fought against it for hours but none of us had any other better ideas.

"What if when we shoot them, we whisper that in their ears afterwards?" Michael said, chuckling. I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not.

"Here's the plan, you fucking bozo." I say, hearing the same strictness my dad has in my voice. "We only have two houses to go to. You hear me? We all hop in the back of Ashton's stupid ass truck, pack up and we drive up to the rich people houses."

"My truck isn't stupid. She's beautiful." Ashton says defensively as he glances out the basement window towards his truck.

"Oh, so now it's a she?" Calum says, laughing and nudging his shoulder. "Why don't you marry it?"

"I wouldn't tease, Cal." Sid says, speaking up. "It's a lot better than you'll do."

Sid, aka Sidney, is the only other girl in this group. I can't seem to trust anyone else. I, myself, am like one of the boys so I don't count. Also, Sidney has kinda got a think for Mike but she's mostly gotten over it.

"Anyways..." I run my hands through my hair one last time. "We threaten them to let us in the easy way and die with dignity or..." I laugh let out a small chuckle myself. "We do it the hard way." I smirk.

"The hard way?" Luke says, furrowing his brows. "I don't remember this."

"I decided this yesterday. If they choose to go the hard way, we attatche a hook to the main gates and blocking of their home and use Ashton's truck to yank them off."

"So many steps." Michael whines as he leans back on the sofa, throwing his legs over Sid and Calum.

"You either join now, or you're on my list." I glare at him. "Cause how would I know that you won't come after me."

"Korey!" Sidney cries, getting up and throwing Michael's feet off her. "You're getting too into this.. It's supposed to be a joke now." She says, fake laughing and turning to the gang hoping for them to agree. "See? Joke!" She breaks out into a melodramatic laughter.

"This isn't fake, Sid. We go all in now." I shake my head at her. "You're weak. Maybe you should be on my hit list."

Authors note:

What is called a “French kiss” in the English speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.

voila useless fact of the day

thanks for reading guys keep sharing you'll see :-)