ten

Eight hours in (3:00AM)

Luke

"Well, whats the plan, Stan?" Ashton says as he crosses his arms over the chest.

"There's lights on and it's well secured." Calum says in partial fear. He rubs his thumb over the grip on his gun.

"I don't feel good..." I whine, rubbing my skull.

"You can't stay behind." Korey snaps as she jumps down from the back of the truck. She reloads her gun and points it to the gun, jokingly and pulls it aside.

I nod and lay back down, taking up most of the one side of the truck. When Sid gets up from beside me, I grab her hand and pull her back into a sitting beside me.

"You're staying." I pull her to lay down beside me and cuddle into her side.

I hear the back of the truck cap slam shut. I open one eye and wssee Korey walking away, her head shaking. I snuggle into Sid more, letting out a sigh.

This would be a good moment to kiss her, or maybe say I like her but I can't. My brain feels like it's trying to crack my skull and escape my head. Not only that, but when I open my eyes, I feel like I'm tumbling downwards and it's makes me even more dizzy and. nauseous.

I cuddle into Sid more, who just lifts her hand and runs it through my hair. I can hear shots quietly in the background and I just hope quietly that they're safe.

-

"Luke?" Sid shakes me awake.

My body jumps awake and I sit up but my head is quickly filled with pressure and an ache.

"W-what?" I mumble through pursed lips.

"I think there's someone out there..." She says quietly. I lift myself into a slight sitting, leaning back on my elbows. I look over to her and I can see the tears running down her face, obviously scared.

"Maybe it's just the gang..." I say quietly. She lays her head onto my chest. I feel her body shake again and cry some more.

"It takes an hour, Luke." She lifts her hand to wipe her eyes. "They've been gone fourty five minutes at most."

"You don't have your phone on you?" I ask her, furrowing my brows. How does she not know the time? How long was I out for?

"Someone broke the phone towers." She shakes her head. "Luk-"

The truck starts shaking and rattling. There's hands being smashed against the window and I see sillouettes of guns surround us. Everything seems to be amplified by twenty.

The back of the truck rattles and I squeeze Sid so tight as though she'd disapear into my chest and be safe there.

"Get the fuck out!" A voice shouts as the truck cap window/door opens. A bright lights shines in my face and I can't help but double over and barf on myself a bit.

I lay down, trying to gather all my strength. Everything around me is moving in slow motion. I can't lose Sidney, I love her.

"I love you." I shout with everything I've got to Sid. I lift my gun and shoot at random, getting another scream.

"You shot me, you prick!" I guy yells and from what tunnel vision I have, I see a bearded man holding his now bloody arm.

"Shoot her."

"Luke!" Sid screams as she grabs my hands. I look to her and begin pulling our ankles. My legs go weak and my upper body falls limp. I fall and hit the back of my head against the back of the truck, knocking me out and hearing the sound of a girlish scream.

authors note:

Comets are not spaceships or alien bases. They are fascinating bits of solar system, material that date back to the formation of the sun and planets.

ily please dont hit me