fourteen

7:00AM

Korey

"Luke!" I shout, running towards him. I yank the gun out of his hand and throw it on the ground beside him.

A body falls out of the shattered window and into the bush or burning foliage. We all gag at the scent but I'm too busy scolding Luke.

"You did it after the bell!" I shove him.

"There's no cops, let's just get out of here." Michael shouts from behind us.

I pull on Luke's arm and start dragging towards our group. I don't have time for this. I don't want to deal with this shit while I sit nearly on top of my bloody and beaten best friend.

I watch Luke as we head back towards the truck. He stumbles -- more than usually -- and seems to keep losing grip on his gun which he just picked up. It's probably covered in blood so much more slippery than he's used to.

"It's his concussion." Calum says next to me, as though he read my mind. I nod and hurry to get beside Luke. I put an arm around his waste and help him stay steady.

I see Ashton's truck come into view and I feel greatful everything is the same as it was before. I secretly wish it had been stolen though so he'd finally get a new one but I'm happy it's there.

I help Luke get into the passenger seat without hitting his head on the roof. He's suddenly grown weak again and I fear he might faint when he realizes all the blood in the back also who it belongs to.

I climb into the back with Calum's help and sit between him and Michael. The whole car ride I can't help but stare at Sid. Ashton closed her eyes so it'd look like she was sleeping and it looks believable but I guess it's the blood coming out of her chest that destroys the illusion.

I hold Calum and Michael's hand tightly, just waiting till we get home. I keep staring at Sid. I start noticing small details.

Her pale skin is no longer white but now a small blue colour.

Her lips have lost their pink tint.

Her blood has stopped rushing as much.

Her leg isn't bouncing as it usually is in her sleep.

Her front teeth are chipped.

Her shirt is pulled up a bit.

Her hair is a mess.

"Korey..." A deep voice pulls me from my horrific thoughts. "We're here."

I shake my head and enter into reality. The back of the truck as been cleaned out; that includes Sid and her blood. Even the truck cap has been removed and some how I was moved to the front of the truck.

"Mikey?" I say in a whisper. He's standing beside me with the door open. He just smiles. "What time is it?" The sun is rising still.

"Maybe 8:00?" He shrugs his shoulders. "Let's go in."

I get out and follow him into the house. Before I open the house, I notice the outside. Windows are scratched up and their window panes seem to have been almost pulled off. Their screen door lies in their front yard and their plants are ripped out of the ground, a dirt mess everywhere.

"Don't talk about it." He takes my hand.

"What happened in here?" I ask and just as I open my mouth to comment on the state of the house, Ashton comes into the room.

"Luke's at the hospital." Ashton says. "I'm going to Sid's house and Cal is with Luke. They're waiting for a doctor."

"m'kay." I yawn.

"You should rest." Michael says quietly. "We've been up forever."

I nod and head up blindly to his room. I let out a small sigh of happiness when I find it the same as it always has been. Messy, just the way I like it.

I kick off my boots and strip off most of my clothing. I'm tired of being covered in blood and can't wait to get changed at home, unless Michael gives me clothes.  I crawl into his bed and leave a bit of room for him.

"What now, Michael?" I ask quietly, nuzzling my face into his neck.

"Now we wait till next year."

-

I sit straight up, banging on the door waking me up. I groan when it keeps going and Michael doesn't get up to answer it. This isn't my fucking how, I shouldn't have to answer the damn door. I run down the stairs but get pushed aside, Luke mindlessly stumbling infront of me to the door.

"Lucas." I mutter.

"Korey." He snaps back and then pushes me, running through the kitchen.

I shove him back and we both run to the door. I guess he must be doing well seeing he's playing around again. I'm sure the doctor gave him some good drugs and something to make his head feel better.

I check my phone and see that I must of slept a whole day cause now it's almost twenty-four hours later.  It's probably my mom wondering if I'm okay or something. I'm the only one that didn't call their parents, not that I care. Not after the way she treated me when I was leaving. I'm going to avoid going home as much as possible.

I let Luke go ahead of me and stop not far from him, just close enough to see the light come in from the door. Well, sumwhat light. It's probably roughly 4:00AM.

"Hello." A deep voice says from the other side of the door. I roll my eyes, probably one of Luke's friends.

"Hi?" Luke squeaks back. I walk towards the stairs and sit on the bottom step. More mumbling comes from that room and I just wait to hear some more.

"Luke Hemmings, you're under arrest."

authors note:

cool fact: There is gOING TO BE AN EPILOGUE NEXT DONT WORRY

also.... there may or may not be a sequel??? :-)