eight

Six hours in (1:00AM)

Korey

"So where to we go now?" I ask as I play with the laces of my shoes.

"When you guys were running, I was way behind and I heard some of them talking about a Purged house on the hill." Michael said and he shoved his hands on his pocket. "Wouldn't hurt to go check out Elle's house."

We all stay quiet and share glances between each other. We're all too upset and beat and scared to say anything else, especially because of the meeting.

Everyone just rests their heads on their knees. No one else seems to have any other suggestions so we all just nod.

"Who's gonna drive this piece of shit?" Calum says quietly, as though he's out of breath.

"I can." I speak up, raising my hand.

"We don't wanna break the car more." Luke says in chuckles.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms in a huff jokingly. I stretch my arm out, puching Luke gently in the in the side of his face. He just shakes his head and snuggles more into Sid, who just blushes.

"So, who's gonna drive?" I ask, stretching my legs out. "You, Lucifer?"

"I'll do it." Michael says but shivers.

We all nod in agreement. Out of all of us, Michael is -- oddly enough -- probably the safest driver. Well, none of use seem to mind that he ran a few red lights that one time... or ten.

Michael gets up and we all move against the wall, guns in our hands but he turns towards the window and sticks his head through the back window. He starts grunting and struggling to get through but when he realizes he won't get his arms past, he gives up and sits down angrily.

"What were you fucking doing?" I ask, chuckling.

"I don't wanna go out there alone." He pouts but slowly, his smile into a smirks. "You're coming with me?"

"What?" We all furrow at the same time. "I don't want to!"

"You've gotta watch my back." He smiles and pulls my hand.

We push our way through the legs of Sid, Luke and Calum which are taing up most of the back of the hub. I groan when I get a foot in the tight and I shoot an evil look to Calum who has shameful smile on his face and a small chuckle in his throat.

We get out of the truck and I nearly scream. Not because there's someone there or because I think I see something; because it's dark and damp. I wonder what time it is. I want to check my phone but I shouldn't do it while im outside, I don't wanna get any attention from anyone who may or may not be outside.

-

"Michael! Stop!" I put my hands on the dash of the truck, trying to catch my breath.

"Why? We were having fun!" He says in a chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah." I smack him upside the head. "If you wouldn't of stopped, we would of probably ran into the fence." I scowl him.

I groan and kick the door open. When I land onto the ground, I'm nearly ankle deep in wet grass and muck. I guess it rained while we were all crying in the truck.

I hit the back on the hub and hear shuffling. I look to see them all filling out.

"Fuck." Calum says when he lifts his foot, strings of weeds stuck to his laces. "This sucks."

"Sorry, princess Calum." I say, giggling quietly.

We all just stand, looking up at the house. No one cares to state the obvious; there's a light on in there which wasn't on when we left. They're obviously in there.

"I'll look around." Sid says bravely. It takes me a moment to nod but I do. Nothing personal but I'm taken aback. Sid is a bit of a chicken shit.

I turn to Luke and Calum who both look scared, Luke more than Calum. Luke looks like he might piss himself but atleast Calum is putting up a strong face.

"Mike and I are gonna try to get in. Once we get into the main level, you're in charge of finding Ash. Got it?" They all shake their heads prefously and I start marching towards the door.

-

I pinch my nose, trying to ignore the scent of metal in the room. Mike and I look at the floor which is now pooled with crimson water, unsure of how much is actually water.

I look to Michael whose hair is sticking his his forhead and the rest in an even more of a mess than usual. I chuckle as I pull my sweatshirt sleeve over my hand and carefully wipe his cheek of blood.

The fight was nasty but we're okay now. We entered quietly yet there was still three of the seven standing at the doors. We couldn't use our guns, not wanting to alarm the rest of the house so we got lucky with small daggers, kitchen knives and a piece of broken window Michael collected earlier.

"Korey." I hear a small whisper and see a light flash on and off in the corner of my vision. "Michael. C'mer."

I grab Michael's arm and we walk gently towards the voice, ignoring the little splashing in our steps. The whisper sounds like Calum but we can never be too safe so we walk with our backs against the wall, I watching ahead and Michael covering my right side.

I turn to see Luke and Calum in a small room. I go to ask a question but I hear a raised voice from a room within the room.

"You're dead fucking meat, Irwin."

Authors note:

When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour.

Oops I forgot to update in a while plus stopped ending im sorry

kinda