Avengers (Thanksgiving)

A/N: Hey guys, so I wanted to do one for Thanksgiving, but I feel like it's a little rushed... Sorry it's not the best.

-Dekunuts

The tables were set and the time for feasting was coming up fast. Tony had somehow convinced not only all of the Avengers, but also Nick Fury, that having Thanksgiving at the compound and inviting everyone they could would be a good idea. After many hours of working in a kitchen and cranking out dish after dish, turkey after turkey, everything was finally ready.

Everyone was crowded into a room of the compound, seeing so many familiar faces makes you smile. You walk over to Tony, he smiles when he sees you, grabbing an extra drink from a server as you come to him. "I'll have to admit, this was a really good idea, Tony." He hands you the drink, his lips curling up into a smile.

"If there's one thing I know how to do it's parties and gatherings." You roll your eyes, taking a sip of your drink.

"But seriously, I've never seen so many happy people in this compound, you know? Everyone always walks around so straight faced and serious. So to see them smiling with friends and family... it's astounding!" Tony nods in agreement. A small smile sits on your lips as you look out over the sea of people, watching them interact.

To your surprise Sam and Bucky we're getting along as if they'd been friends since high school, maybe it was because Steve was nearby? (You like to think they finally figured out they weren't so different.)

Rhody was making everyone laugh with what you assumed was the same war story he always told, it never seemed to phase the Avengers though...

Natasha was in full "fun aunt" mode as she played with not only Clint's kids but others as well. It was a cute sight, seeing the usually cold assassin playfully running around with a flock of kids less than ten years old.

Peter Parker had arrived a little late to the party but was enjoying himself none the less. He was hanging out with Scott, Wanda, Bruce, and Vision. Trying to learn a thing or two from the scientist, asking a lot of questions about Scott's suit, attempting to get Wanda to use a spell or two, and trying to figure out just how Vision worked as a functional living AI capable of thoughts and emotions.

Clint was with his wife, an arm around her waist as they talked to Colson. Clint would sneak in a kiss to his wife's temple, making her giggle but causing Colson to playfully roll his eyes in the process.

Thor's hardy laugh could be heard from the other side of the room, he was drinking with Loki, the two brothers finally bonding for the first time in years. It was like they were kids again, no fighting over who was going to rule what— just two young brothers finding comfort and happiness in what they had.

You sigh happily, all the work that went into this and all the mess that was going to need to be cleaned up after seemed more than worth it. "So," Tony's voice cuts in. "When do you think we should call all of them over to dinner?" You shrug.

"Let's wait a little longer... this is what the holiday is about isn't it? Spending time with the people you love... Being thankful for those around you... it's all just about appreciating the ones you feel are like family..."

"You know, I think this is the best Thanksgiving I've had." Stark's thumb gently traces over the rim of his glass. "All my memories of past Thanksgiving's are..." Tony pauses, a silent sigh passing his lips. "Let's just say on a day when you're meant to be thankful for the ones around you... it's kind of hard to be when they're not exactly there..." you quickly hug Tony and he laughs a bit dryly.

"Today is not like those days," you pull back and give a small smile. "Don't think about the past, enjoy everything that's around you now."

"I think I will. Thanks, Yn." Tony places a kiss on your forehead. "Hey, I'm going to grab another drink, you want one?"