The Call

Chloe's P.O.V.
Beca Mitchell. I knew there was something special with her, from the moment I saw her at the beginning of the school year.
I wasn't sure what it was.
But as time passed, I realised I had started to grow a crush on her.
It started small, but slowly it became bigger.
Now I'm not sure if I'm in love with her. This is the first time I've ever had a crush, so I don't know very much about it.
But what I know is that before Christmas, I'm going to tell her. I don't have a clue how, but I'm not gonna risk the chance if she actually likes me back.

Which brings us to where I am now:

The end of November
In the past few weeks things actually went very well.
We were a lot together in school, especially for group projects.
We always have fun, and joke around. Even if I'm helping her with some school stuff, we're still having fun.
Sometimes it can get a little hard to help her, when she constantly talks with her other friends, instead of focusing on the work.
But that's okay.

My friend Jesse, who's also a good friend of hers, says she acts differently around me, than other people. He talked to his friend Benji, who also thinks she likes me.
They said she doesn't speak about her feelings that much.

My best friend Aubrey is there for me too. She doesn't do as much as the others, but that's okay. She doesn't know Beca as well as they do.
Still she supports me, and hopes the best for "Bechloe". That's a weird ship name her and our other friends made up.

But then there's the texting. I sometimes text her, but she's very bad at responding. It's really bad.
Aubrey says that if she really likes me, she would reply instant.
It makes me a little bit sad to think about it, but then I remember how she acts in school. It makes me happy again, and VERY confused.
I just hope it's because she's too busy at making mixes. Or maybe she's shy? She never shows any bad emotions, so that could be a good sign!!

Ring, ring, ring
My thoughts get interrupted by the phone. I'm back at the dinner table with my family.
My dad gets up and takes it. "Hi, this is Mr. Beale, may I ask who's calling?" Silence. "Okay. Chloe? Uhm, yeah of course." I get up, and go over to grap the phone.
"Hello?" I say.
"Chloe?" The voice says. My eyes widen and my heartbeat quickens. I can feel my stomach bungee jumping.
"Anything wrong sweetie?" My mom asks.
"No nothing. Hold on, I'll be right back", I tell her, and walks into the living room, closing the door behind me.

"Beca?!" I whisper-shout.
"That's my name. Wanna buy it?"
"Noo!" I whisper-shout again.
This couldn't be real. Why would she call me? If she needed help with homework, she would just have texted?!
"Why are you calling?"
"I, uhm... I want to ask you something."
My heart beats even faster, my stomach dances around and I'm pretty sure I'm also shaking. "Uhm, alright. What do you want to ask me?"
"Do you have crush on me?"
Busted. I'm SO busted right now, help me please!!
"Uhhmmm... Why are you asking?"
"Because I'm curious."
Wow, great answer.
"That's not all. There has to be something that made you curious!"
"Yeah, alright. It kinda seems like it, you know? Your friends get all weird when we're together and... You're so different around me. In a good way!"
Holy... Was it really that obvious?!
"Oh, uhm okay." I decide to put sassy Chloe on. She hides scared Chloe pretty good. "What would you do if I said I don't have a crush on you?" I ask.
"I don't know actually."
This isn't going very well...
"What if I said I actually have a crush on you?"
"If I remember right, it was me who called to ask you a question. Not the opposite way."
Shit. Is this my chance? Yes it is. I have to tell her. No one is around to stare at us, and we have all the time we need.
I take a deep breath, and continue the conversation: "Yes, you're right. Sorry. What were you asking?"
"Do you like me? Not like a friend, but like a girlfriend."
I'm shaking. I'm shaking really badly, and I'm so nervous, I feel like I'm gonna throw up. "Wh-what?" I manage to stutter.
"Do you have a crush on me?"
I sigh. "Yes I do."
"OMG REALLY??!"
"Yes, I just told you!! Just... can we please still continue as friends??"
"Uhm, no I don't think so..."
I knew it! I should never have told her! Now I lost one of my best friendships and...
"Chloe? You still there?"
I manage to get a little weak "Yeah" out.
"Since we can't be friends anymore, now that you like me, I think we should be girlfriends."
Wait WHAT?! "Do... do you really like me too??"
"No not at all" Beca adds sarcastic.
"You are just SOOO funny Beca Mitchell!"
"Ahah sorry, I couldn't help it. But Chloe? Do you want to... Wow this is way harder than I thought. Do you want to be my girlfriend??"
This is happening. This is really happening. I never thought it would. "I WOULD LOVE TO!!!!" I scream down the line.
"And I would love to keep my hearing, if that's okay with you."
"Oops, sorry." God, why do I have to mess up things right now?!
"That's alright. See ya tomorrow girlfriend?"
"Yeah. See you tomorrow.
Girlfriend."