Hurts Like Hell

Based on: Hurts Like Hell by Fleurie
Inspired by: annakendrickitaly on Instagram

Based on: Hurts Like Hell by FleurieInspired by: annakendrickitaly on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7aOZqBM4S/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7nl2zxs7qw4

She's on Wattpad too: annakendrickitaly

-------------

TRIGGER WARNING
Depression, self-harm and suicide.

-------------

Beca's P.O.V.
Chloe is gone.
Her and Chicago moved away a week ago. And now it's too late.
I never got to tell her how I really felt. How much I loved her.

She promised me to keep in touch, and she still haven't broken her promise.
I really want to keep in touch with her too. But I just can't.
Every time I read her texts, every time I hear her voice, every time i see her name or look at her face, it kills me. It reminds me that she will never be mine, because I couldn't get my shit together and tell her how I really felt.

I feel so bad for not answering her. She deserves so much better.
That's probably why she ended up with Chicago.
Scrappy little me will never end up on the same level as her. I'm just a nobody.

The Bellas keep asking me what's wrong. I just say I miss her.
That's not the truth, and they know it.
But how am I supposed to say it out loud without breaking down? Put it into words, when I can't even think about it without tearing my soul apart?

A part of me tells me to say it. That it will help me feel better. But I'm scared.
I don't want them to know how I feel, because they will never understand it. They're all as straight as a ruler.
I will just be left out and end up as "The Outcasted Bella"

It feels like I'm trapped in a tiny little room, held back by massive walls. The only way out is through a locked door. And the key to that door is Chloe's heart.
She can wrestle me free from all the negative. Clean my thoughts.
If she ever loves me the way I love her, I can get outta here.
But that will never happen.

A month later
Aubrey rang today.
Chloe and Chicago are engaged, and soon enough they will be parents too.
That's why I'm laying here. In the bathtub all alone with a locked door behind me. The blood silently flows from my wrists.
I can't take the pain anymore.
A world without her by my side is not a real world. She's the whole world to me.

All I did was love. I loved her with my whole heart. Everything in my body that can love, loved her. And it still does.
But I lost her, and it hurts like hell.