A New Family

Tony paced the room, clearly nervous about something. Steve sat in a chair nearby, staring at the wall. Tony stopped his pacing and rounded on Steve.

"Are you even worried?" Tony asked, his voice slightly higher and louder than normal. Steve looked up at his husband, snapping out of a daze. 

"Of course I'm worried, Tony," Steve replied, standing up from his chair to go hug Tony. He wrapped the smaller man in a hug, comforting both of them through their panic. "Everything is gonna be fine. They already approved us, now we just gotta pick out the kid." Tony sighed. 

"But that's what I'm worried about, Steve. What if we get this baby, take him home, then I'm not cut out for the job? What if he hates me? What if I'm a terrible father? What if-" Tony was cut off by a sharply dressed woman with glasses and hair pulled back in a severe bun. 

"Mr. Stark-Rogers?" She asked, directing her question at the two men standing in the middle of the waiting room. They both nodded. "I'm Miranda. I'll be helping you with the process today. If you'll follow me, the nursery is just down the hallway." They followed her down to the end of a hallway, where there was a door labeled 'nursery'. 

"All the baby boys are in here, sir. When you have made your decision, just let me know and we'll get all the final paperwork filled out." Steve nodded while Tony stared mutely at the door. The woman smiled, opened the door for them, and left. Tony took a breath and pushed open the door. They wandered into the nursery, which contained about 25 babies, and was mostly quiet except for a few stray cries here and there. Both Steve and Tony looked overwhelmed with the number of children in the room. 

"How will we ever be able to choose just one?" Steve breathed.

"I know," Tony whispered back. "Divide and conquer?" Steve nodded his agreement. They split up and wandered down the rows. Steve seemed to love every baby he saw, cooing at each crib and feeling the little tufts of hair at the top of some heads. Tony, on the other hand, was more reserved, only giving the cribs a passing glance before moving on to the next one. They continued down the rows until Tony paused by a crib at the very end of a row. He looked in to see an adorable baby with huge brown eyes and a little tuft of brown hair at the top of his head. He cooed, reaching out towards Tony with chubby baby hands. 

"Gaaaaaabaaaaa," he squealed, wiggling happily around in his crib. Tony felt his heart melt in his chest. He reached down with one hand and the baby grabbed his finger. 

"Steve," he called softly, never looking away from the little bundle contentedly holding his finger. Steve came over to stand by Tony and looked at the baby. "Isn't he beautiful?" Tony whispered, glancing up at Steve before turning attention back to the baby. Steve smiled at his husband who was completely entranced by the small baby in the crib. 

"Yeah. Yeah, he is." Steve checked the nametag on the front of the crib. "Hey there Peter" Peter smiled a toothless smile and gurgled. "Awwww. You are a cutie, aren't you?" 

"Steve." He looked over at Tony who was staring at him with determination. "This is the one."

"Really?" Steve was surprised. He hadn't expected Tony to come to a decision this quickly.

"Yes." Tony looked back at Peter with a love in his eyes Steve had never seen before. 

"Alright then." Steve hugged his husband and kissed him on the head. They called Miranda back in and informed her of their decision. She congratulated them and brought out the final adoption papers for them to sign. Steve took Peter out of his crib while Tony went to sign papers. Steve held him in his arms, and Peter looked up at his soon-to-be dad. 

"Hey there Peter," Steve whispered. Peter smiled and snuggled closer to his chest. He grabbed on to Steve's shirt and used it as a pillow.  Steve looked down at the small human clutching his shirt, and he felt his heart might burst with love. 

"Steve." he felt a tap on his shoulder and looked up to see Tony smiling up at him and Peter. "As cute as this is, they have some things you need to sign." Steve sighed and got up, Peter still hugging his shirt. He handed him to Tony before he could react and went off to sign papers. Tony held the baby at an arm's length. He loved the kid, but he still was nervous that he would hurt him in some way. Peter gurgled and reached his arms out towards Tony. 

"Ok, so you want me to hold you differently?" Peter gurgled again and continued to hold his arms out. "Alright, um, let's see if we can do this." He slowly repositioned Peter so he was cradled in his arms, one tiny hand resting on the arc reactor in his chest. He felt something squeeze in his chest. A tear slipped down his face and he laughed, sniffling a little. Steve finished signing the papers and walked toward Tony. 

"Hey." he laid one hand on Tony's shoulder. Tony stood up.

"Are we finished?" He whispered, never breaking eye contact with the little boy in his arms. Steve nodded. 

"Come on Tony," he said, guiding him towards the door with one hand on his back. "Let's take this little guy home."

---

A/n  Hey guys! I am going to do requests for the next few chapters, so make sure to comment what you want! Also, I am thinking of adding maybe some spideypool in here with a teenage wade (no smut, just things like the superdads finding out about him and getting mad or something idk yet) so let me know if thats something you guys want. Again, sorry about any spelling or grammer errors and be sure to comment and vote. Thanks for reading!

Edit: This one wasn't bad at all! Just some grammar errors. I have been getting more reads since I started editing, so