Hey Cutie

Steve yawned tiredly, rubbing his face and checking his watch. 5:37, he thought, way too early for this shit. He looked at the 9-person deep line and at the single barista, who seemed to be insanely energetic for this early in the morning. He shuffled forward in the line, dreaming of sweet caffeine that would (hopefully) wake him up enough for work. As he reached the front, he heard the voice of the barista cheerfully calling out orders.

"Latte Macchiato for Andrew!" he said with a smile. Andrew slowly ambled forward with a tired grin. "Have a good day, sir!" The barista said. "Next, please!" Steve walked up to the counter, the barista looking him up and down. 

"Well, hello there cutie, and welcome to Starbucks. What can I get for you, beautiful man?" Steve blushed.

"I-I'll just have a grande Iced Americano with an extra shot of espresso, please", he stammered, flustered by the barista.

"Sure thing, gorgeous." he typed the order into his computer. "Will that be all for you today?" 

"Yeah."

"Okay, your total is $4.15." Steve handed him a five-dollar bill, and their fingers briefly touched, sending a jolt of electricity through both men's hands. Impossibly, Steve blushed even more, the redness spreading down his neck and up to his ears. The barista smirked, entering Steve's money into the register.

"Your change is 85 cents." he dropped the coins into Steve's hand.

"Thanks, uh," Steve glanced at the barista's nametag, "Tony." Tony winked.

"You have a good day!" Steve mumbled a goodbye and scurried out of the line. Well, he thought wryly, I'm awake now. He watched Tony do his thing, noticing that while he was friendly to everyone, he wasn't flirty. Interesting, he thought, I wonder what makes me special? He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear Tony yelling out his name.

"Iced Americano for Steve!" Steve blinked and rushed forward, grabbing his coffee. Tony leaned in and whispered,

"Call me." He pulled back, smiling. 

"Have a good day sir!" Steve smiled back, waving. As he was leaving, two teenage girls approached him.

"Can I help you?" he asked. The girls looked at each other and giggled.

"We just, um-" they giggled again. Steve raised his eyebrow. "We just think you and your boyfriend are very cute together. We think you have very good taste!" Steve's face reddened and he started stammering.

"He's not- we're not- I mean-" The two girls ran off, giggling to each other. Steve rubbed the back of his neck nervously and looked around at the other patrons. Most were smiling and looked like they agreed with the girls. Steve looked at the label on his coffee cup.

678-136-7092: Keep in touch ;) ~Tony Stark.

Steve laughed and shook his head. 

A/n hey guys so remember when I updated on a consistent schedule? Haha me neither. At this point, I've given up on that idea so be prepared for updates to be few and far between! (which they already are but....... ya know) Anyways hope you enjoyed this one, just a short little blurb I got as a request on my AO3 account (474 words :O) Stay safe everyone, I know times are crazy but just hunker down and get through it! Until next time, goodbye!