45

CYRUS'S POV

-----------------3 hours earlier-------------------

I picked up my phone and clicked on Reeds icon.

It rang and rang and rang until finally someone picked up.

"Hello?" Reed asked.

"Hello Reed. Its Cyrus." I said.

I could tell Reed was going to hang up, so I quickly said "wait don't hang up."

"I need to tell you something." I said.

I didnt hear anything on the other end, but a faint "what?"

"I.....well.... I'm sorry for kind of overreacting at the Dance. It's okay. You and Tj are best friends. I dont know why he danced with you, but it's okay,  because you guys probably had a very good reason." I apologized.

There was a silence. "Can we be friends? I'm sorry too. For...... everything. Acting like I liked you. Liking your boyfriend. Trying to steal him. Then making you mad. I'm really sorry." He asked quickly.

Then at the same time, we said "truce?"

There was yet another lack of sound, and I giggled.

"Yea. Let's have a truce, Cyrus." He pleaded.

I smiled. "Okay. I'm glad we got this cleared up, and we don't exactly hate each other anymore." I explained.

"Yeah."

We talked about random things, and suprisingly, got along really well.

We could be really good friends without mentioning Tj.

I really liked talking with Reed.

------------------------Now----------------------------

So, now I'm waiting in the police station for Tj.

He got in trouble with the police and that kid's parents he beat up.

They were talking to him. I saw that it didnt look that bad in there.

I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble, let alone go to jail.

A few minutes later, Tj came out.

The police told us we could leave. So we walked out, and walked towards the spoon.

"Hey, how did it go?" I asked him.

"It went okay.... they yelled at me, and told me that if I did it again, that they would take it to the next level. I'm suspended from school for 3 days." He explained with worry in his voice.

"Oh my. What are you gonna do now that you're suspended for 3 days." I asked while I slipped my hand in his.

He looked more angry than worried now. "Well I dont know! My mom will probably put me in therapy." He said.

"Oh my mom's a therapist! You can have her!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah.... okay I'll ask my mom." He answered.

We walked into the spoon hand in hand.

Tj stopped dead in tracks when he saw them.

Reed and this other boy sharing a booth smiling at each other, and eating baby taters.

I don't even know why, but he just turned around, and walked out.

The drama.

XX Angie