Love unconditionally

Seeing the trailer door open I notice the yellow plains that go on for miles, smirking I quickly bolt out and ignore all the goodbyes. "Rocky you better wait up". Sliding a stop I turn to Lola who trots slowly towards me, seeing a hand wave vigorously behind Lola I look and see Lisa. Blinking slowly I snort and notice a tear slide down her cheek, pinning my ears I sigh and walk towards her slowly. Her hand quickly grasping onto my mane and then her arms around my neck I perk my ears in surprise. "Keep yourself safe boy".

After she let's go I step back and nuzzle her hand before quickly turning and bolting in the yellow plains, what seemed like forever of a wait just to get this kind of freedom made it all worth it.

As night falls I notice Lola starting to lay down, her stomach the last thing that touches the ground I sigh. "Rocky". Looking towards her eyes I notice the worried look she gives, like the world might fall beneath her. "Why must you always prove yourself to be on top?" Her voice soft but question harsh I look away, "I don't try and prove myself"-"the truth, Rocky." Pinning my ears I rest my back leg and try to speak as stern as I can, "just because I get into fights, just because I like the feeling of being on top, doesn't mean it's what I desire. I was raised to be aggressive, it wasn't a choice Lola."

Looking towards her I notice her soft look, her eyes showing remorse. Looking away I watch her head fall to the ground, "don't teach this foal that way". Snorting I shake my fur and sigh, "theres still wild horses around here Lola, don't fall asleep yet." Her sigh tells me that she clearly didn't want to hear that, "I'm not sleeping, you carry another horse for a day and tell me your legs don't feel numb". Rolling my eyes I look towards the horizon and notice dark figures, the moon setting where I can see they are male I look at Lola and panic. "Of course".

Nuzzling her neck I drag her to stand up and see her start to walk the opposite direction, walking closely behind her I nip at her heels and turn my head. Seeing the group turn the opposite direction I sigh in relief but feel Lola stop. Turning my head I see a group of horses coming towards us, difference is they noticed us.

Stepping in front of Lola I pin my ears, seeing a foal within the group I raise my head slightly higher. "You smell awfully familiar." Noticing that voice I perk my ears and take a step closer, "Rocky". Hearing Lola I turn my head and snort in response, "Rocky? As in my son rocky?" Turning my head towards the stallions voice the moon offers some light, illuminating his face I notice the eyes of my father. "Father." Sticking my nose in the air I laugh, "I'm so sorry son, the herd told me you ran away because of jack. Now I see he wasn't worth it, well in some ways at least."

His eyes shifting to Lola I smirk, "after your mother went crazy I had to of course keep my generations going. So you have two sisters, who are sadly not here with us anymore. Killed the first two nights of life, the foal right there is my last chance. That is your hopefully last sister." Looking towards the at least 9 month old foal, "Rose." Seeing the long blaze that runs down her face I smile, "looks nothing like me".

"Yes well she carries her fathers genes, you carry my fathers, sadly that foal might not even carry your genes, it'll carry mine." Shoving his nose towards Lola I sigh, "yeah well, that'll be a mystery until we get there." Hearing him sigh and walk closer I feel him shove my shoulder, "let us walk son." Looking towards Lola she smiles and walks closer to the herd, hesitating slightly I start to walk shoulder to shoulder with my father.

"Son I'm dying quickly, not much we can all do about it. I need you to take my role, I would let another stallion with a little more experience take over but your sister would be dead within 5 seconds. Within at least 2 weeks I'll be long gone, so take care of her. She's quiet the character, the sassiness and hard head you were born with. Let's just hope she doesn't run off when I tell the truth." Laughing at his reference to me I stick my nose into the air and snort, "besides that, I find myself asking. What happened to rocky?"

The sun rising slowly as me and my father get all caught up I catch my breathe as I look to see rose sniffing at Lola's stomach, "I'll stay in the back as you lead this beautiful herd, I'll teach you a couple things before I go on." Nodding I quickly trot towards the herd and put my head low to the ground, smelling an awfully familiar smell I turn to my father who slowly walks after the herd. "Don't take the stallion on unless he challenges my son." Pinning my ears I look towards the herd and see Lola giving me that look, "Rocky." Looking at my father I see the stallions starting to trot towards us, "then we will run."

Seeing my father start up a slow canter I quickly chase after the herd, that stinging feeling of wanting to fight the stallions starting to take over I slide a stop and perk my ears. "Rocky not worth it, it's 3 vs 1." Looking at the three stallions I shove my head into my fathers shoulder and make him go forward, "fine."

Coming to a stop after a long goose chase and the feeling somethings wrong I look around and don't see my father. "Father." Pacing in a large circle around the herd I hear a loud whinny followed by another, both coming from different horses. Turning my head in the general direction I see my father running towards us, a smile clearly upon his face as he charges down the hill. "Daddy." Hearing rose I smile and see her charge to him, as my father stops he nuzzles her softly and looks towards me. "Good job keeping your ground son." Looking to Lola I see her smile also and walk towards me, nuzzling my shoulder softly I watch as she stands next to me. "A good example for rose." Lola looks up to me and I nuzzle her softly, "and for ours of course."