two

you are woken up by chimmy and his lovable little licks on your face, fluttering your eyes open. you look at the digital clock beside your bed, illuminating the numbers 06:47. you groan because it's too early to do anything in this hour, but judging from chimmy's loud meows echoing throughout the room, you know he's hungry and he needs food right that instant.

you reluctantly plop down onto the floor, inserting your feet into your kitty slippers and walk into the small kitchen. rubbing your sleepy eyes, you try to stay awake as you take your baby's food. you don't want to pour the food all over the floor, having to clean up after the mess is a struggle in the morning.

your little kitty purrs and rubs his body on your arms as you pour the food into his peach-coloured bowl. your lips unknowingly curve into a small smile. you love it when he cuddles closer to you and purrs innocently. purring is a sign of happiness, and it makes you pleased that your baby feels what you feel as well.

off you go do your next chore. having a cat is something special to you, you've always loved animals. however, the only dreadful thing about it is having to clean their faeces. even thinking about it makes you shudder, but you wouldn't have it any other way. you're sure everyone who has a pet can agree with you. you would do anything for chimmy and if it means having to clean his sh!t everyday, then heck you're doing it alright.

after you're done, you come back to your room to look at the time. it reads 07:13 already. you better get ready to start your battle for the day. operation 101: christmas shopping.

"kookie, where are you?," you inquire as you impatiently wait for the traffic light to turn green. it's taking too long and you're already running late because of chimmy spilling his water bowl everywhere. it took you an extra ten minutes to clean up the little mess. you even almost scolded him for being a bad boy, but you restrained yourself because you know he will do his signature puppy dog eyes and it'll make you want to never leave his side ever again.

you bite your lip anxiously, thinking about the amount of people queueing in front of the store. can you make it in time?

"don't worry, y/n. i'm already here and i brought taetae with me. i hope that's okay with you?"

you let out a relieved sigh. "yea, i'm glad. and of course it's fine with me. he can come anytime." you hear him copy your actions, he genuinely sounded concerned when he asked you the question but you can't see why it's bothering him. you've known there was something between those two without him telling you.

"kookieee," you decide to change the subject and call him, receiving a hmm from the other end. "i told you what i wanted to buy, yea? can you please reserve them for me first? i'm running late and i really don't want to go for other stores."

there was shifting from jungkook's end and he comes back to you a moment later. "y-yea, of course!" his course was high-pitched and you smirk, wondering what taehyung is doing to him in the middle of their call. "tae, not now please-" he coughs to cover it up. "as i was saying, i'll do anything for you!"

"thank you—"

"but you owe me cookies n' cream."

you knew it, jungkook loves his cookies n' cream. "alright, alright," you sigh defeated, "i'll buy one for taehyung as well."

"you're the best, y/n! see you later."

you greet him goodbye. as soon as you end the call, the light turns green and you zoom off to the destined store. you arrive shortly after and see that the store is already opened. you catch a glimpse of the front door. a crowd of people are already surrounding the cashier and there are more to come. you search for a spot to park, finally having one after ages of searching. when you get inside the store, almost everything has been sold out already. people really go all out for christmas sales, that's for sure. you hope jungkook and taehyung picks exactly the gifts you wanted.

you wander around the almost sold out store and end up being in the pet section. you wanted to buy something special for chimmy. your heart warms at the thought of your baby. having a vision of him in your head makes you giggle, remembering the time he tries to catch the colourful feathers on the stick but failing miserably as he lets himself fall. in the end, he chose cuddling with you over his toy anyway.

"need help with anything, miss?", someone asks you and you jump in your position, not aware of their presence. "oh, sorry did i scare you?"

you tilt your head to see a smiling purple-headed boy. you had to tilt your head up a little bit considering how tall he was. not only tall, but he was handsome as well. dimples pop out when he smiles, that's a plus.

"i-uh," you stutter. "n-no. no, you didn't scare me." you shy out, having your arm on the back of your head. to say you were a little embarrassed was understandable.

"may i help you, miss?", he asks politely as he holds out a helping hand. "y-yes, please." goddamnit, what is it with you and your stutters? you clear your throat and try again, speaking with more volume and confidence. "yes, please. i wanna buy something for my baby."

he gives you a confused look. "miss, i'm sorry but this isn't the baby section—"

"oh, i'm sorry that's not what i meant." you mentally slap yourself in the head, how could you be so bad at something as simple as talking? "i call my cat my baby a lot, sorry it came out weird." you feel your cheeks heat in embarrassment for the second time today.

"ahh, my apologies. people usually buy collars for their 'babies'," he jokes and you laugh with him, the embarrassment never leaving your head and will probably regret it for like a week.

he points out his hand, as if he remembered something important. "i think i have something you'd like, miss." then he takes out something from his pocket, revealing a golden coloured collar made of leather. in the middle of it is a heart-shaped metal attached to the leather. "may i?", you politely ask to hold it and he obliges.

you trace your hand on the heart. if you could engrave his name onto it, it'd be the perfect gift. the material wouldn't keep him from breathing and it feels comfortable on your skin. it's simple yet you like it so much. chimmy's already so adorably perfect but a touch of this accessory on him will make him even cuter, if that's possible.

"it's great," you gasp as you admire the accessory once more. the boy smiles at you and his dimples pop. "i'm glad you liked it. i hope your chimmy does too, miss."

"thank you.."

"call me namjoon."

you thank namjoon once again and off you go to the cashier. you hold the collar carefully, not wanting the slightest scratch on it. you found jungkook and taehyung shortly after you paid for your little gift. as you promised, the three of you walk to the ice cream parlour for you to treat them cookies n' cream, kookie's favourite flavour.

and as you wait in line for the desert, you realise something you had not when you were in the store.

you never mentioned your baby's name to namjoon, so how could he know it was chimmy?

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

happy seokjin day! and thank you for reading babes, i hope u like it so far pls leave a vote and comment if u do, it rlly motivates me to write more