four

the next morning you wake up groggily as the alarm blares, interrupting you from your deep sleep. you groan but proceed to get up from your bed anyway, going to the kitchen to feed your chimmy. you call for his name when his food bowl is filled but he didn't come. maybe he's still sleeping, you thought as you shrug, thinking of going to bed again.

as you hurry back to your room, a faint cry reaches your ears. you stop abruptly and grab the nearest thing next to you, an umbrella, to protect yourself from the possible dangers coming ahead.

the noise is coming from the bathroom. you lean in to get a better listen of the person and have your umbrella ready for defence. in a split second, you bust the door open and held your umbrella high.

"w-whoever you are, you better get out or i'll h-hit you!"

and the crying becomes louder.

your hands become shakier than before, ready to throw hands but no attacks ever came. you slowly take a peek of your surroundings, and that's when your heart dropped, both out of shock and pity. there was a fragile man, sitting on the ground with your towel draped around his trembling body. his eyes, puffy red from the continuous cries.

"y/n?" the man stutters, not daring to move out of his position in case he might break.

you notice those eyes.. they're dark brown and boxy and..

"c-chimmy?"

..and they light up at his name.

it took you no time to scurry to the boy and embrace him with all you have. he sobs lightly into your arms and you have the desire to comfort him and tell him that everything's going to be okay. but how can you tell him that when you don't even know it yourself? and there was still a possibility that he isn't your little baby, he could be a random stranger that was out to get you. you don't believe in fairy tales anymore, but why does it felt so real?

in the middle of it all, you pinch your skin hard. and it hurts.

but then his brown eyes met yours again, pouting as you do and you sincerely think that all of this is real. that your cat is right there with you, not as a cat, but as a human. and all of this is possible because..? you don't know yet, but all you want to do right now is to stop your little baby from crying because seeing him stings your heart as well and you never want to see your chimmy cry again, ever.

"you better, love?", you ask quietly as you run your hand through his soft silver locks. he nods hesitantly, still unaccustomed to his human size and frame. and so are you, but you're gonna treat him the same because he's still chimmy, right?

"can you tell me what happened? from the very beginning?" you avert your attention to his big doey eyes. everytime you see them, the tension in your blood resides when you think of the situation you're in. he keeps you calm.

he nods again. "chimmy say wakey wakey, y/n, wakey and get me food! b-but y/n didn't wake up and w-when chimmy kisses, y-you g-get me on the f-floor."

he sniffs, remembering the heartbreaking moment he had with you. he was almost crying again and you did what you had to do, apologise to the guy and hug him until he feels safe to talk again.

"chimmy's upset.. and then chimmy goes to bathroom because bored a-and chimmy s-saw.. someone but not chimmy.. b-but he d-does what chimmy does.. impossible.."

he nuzzles his face to your body and wraps his arms around you, feeling warmth radiate all over him. he's still his old clingy self, even as a human. don't worry though, he's dressed already with the biggest clothes you could possibly find.