three

"happy birthday to you!" you ended the birthday song with a flying kiss, just like how your brother does to you every time. he becomes squeamish as you place a birthday hat onto his head and he claps cheerily as he blows the candle on the layered cake.

"thanks guys, love you," he beams as he cuts the cake into pieces, one for each person. the three of you celebrated seokjin's birthday alone, so he could celebrate with his friends the next day. he's not the type to mix family and his outside life together.

"well, how was it?", your brother asks as you take a bite of his birthday cake. since he works as a chef, he makes his own dishes. you've always been fascinated by his cooking, and this cake is no other. he always makes the best food, no matter what it was.

"yummy as always, never knew you could bake this good."

"well, as you may know i am the sous-chef of—"

"yeah, yeah," you roll your eyes. "i've heard, i've heard." and then he giggles squeakily. the rest of the eating is accompanied by seokjin's loud 'yahhhhhh' every time he takes a bite of his delicious cake with the side of you and your mother chuckling loudly.

"i got a present for us," your brother announces as he finishes his food. your mother was in the kitchen, she suggested washing the dishes and preparing for dinner tonight. seokjin learned cooking from his mother and everyone knows no one can beat a mother's cooking, so you two were excited to see her work in the kitchen again.

"a present, huh?" you coo, sitting next to the spot next to seokjin. it was his birthday, but why was he giving you a present instead? you bite your lip anxiously, a sense of nervousness rushing through your body.

"close your eyes." and you do what he says. you hear something getting shuffled and it being placed on your lap. okay, it's not alive and slimy so that's a good thing. secondly, it doesn't feel like it could bring you diseases.

"now open them," he whispers.

you let out a small gasp as you see a book laid upon your crossed feet. it was a diary you two shared when you were little. you remember losing the book, having cried for several hours because it was filled with your most unforgettable memories.

"i was rummaging through my cupboards when i saw it on the very bottom of it, i don't even remember how it ended up there." your brother chuckles guiltily, a hand on his head. no worries though, you're just glad that it was found now. you lay your hand on the leather cover, a finger tracing random shapes as the memories come flashing in.

you randomly flick through the pages.

seokjin - 12/08/05

hello diary~ ˢᴱᴼᴷᴶᴵᴺᴺᴵᴱ here~ i wanna tell you about my dream last night, i hope y/n doesn't see this X_X (she most definitely will because we share the same diary, but oh well)

last night, i dreamed a big red dragon approached me as i went through a dark forest, and he lectured me about my dreams. i can remember him saying this to me perfectly. seokjin, if you don't become a chef when you grow up, i will personally set your ass on fire with my breathy nose.

and then i smiled because it was awesome.

i love cooking and dragons, although i most certainly do not want my ass to be on fire. ˢᴱᴼᴷᴶᴵᴺᴺᴵᴱ, i believe in you, i'll see you in the future with your own restaurant!