17 | BOUND

LAURA 

Surprisingly, May was more than delighted to help me with job hunting after my holiday of heartbreak. Which was usually spent perfectly with pints of ice-cream and horror movies, another interesting talk with Sin about the former and baking with May (I didn't do much, I was only laughing at her comments on anything I said and snacking). It was definitely not a one-person job but when I begrudgingly mentioned it to the blonde, she gave a secretive smile and said: 'These boobs were not given for anything else. Hell yeah, I'll help.'

May was only needed for the temporary aspect of my jobs so she agreed to hand in the applications on that side of the town while I handled the journalist side. I ran from press organizations and decided to reapply for an internship at my old company, the Daily Bugle, Daily Globe even, hoping for some good news. My face was tired from smiling and penning down my particulars, photocopying documents and the very scent of paper starting to disturb me. Whatever calories I'd burnt was worth it so I could go home and add more.

I had gone through seven bars of chocolate and three snack breaks by the time I reached the Daily Globe around four, chucking the last bits of hot dog into a nearby trashcan and walking in. My sweaty palms left imprints at thought of seeing Eddie, so I had to expertly swerve away from anything that related to him. 

'Where are the onsite-reporting internship applications supposed to be dropped off for the interview?' I asked the woman at the front desk after she jotted down my specifications.

'Floor thirty-eight,' she said with a polite smile. I only frowned because shit, it was Eddie's floor. 'I'll inform Mr. Barnum about your involvement, Ms. Sharp.'

'Wait, Barnum. As in, Paul Barnum?'

'Yes. Mr. Barnum has a few empty slots available luckily and Mr. Brock is with him at the moment. Your interview will be held shortly.'