31 | ATTACK

LAURA

I made a beeline to the cruiser hatch, near sliding onto my face as I balanced my feet onto the bridge like structure to get onto the ship. Behind me, chaos had erupted in the form of a physical feud, the only sounds being that of crashes and blasts. I once heard Eddie roar in pain despite Venom but before I could turn and race, I had to tell myself to concentrate on the plan. The only plan that would keep my planet safe.

Inside the ship was a bright white vastness with three rounded and bladed hatches, Each of them had stripes of colorful wires encircling it, knowing I wasn't as tech savvy as necessary for this place. Simply put, if I made one mistake I was doomed.

'Sharp, come in. Someone - jeez, anyone!'

Tony's deranged yelling was starting to hurt my ears so I breathed out a command in acceptance. 'Tell me you know the way around this hellhole.'

'Uh huh. Judging by ballistics, no aerodynamic heating detected and the actuator stands clear of obtrusion,' Tony spoke illegibly making me crinkle my eyebrows. 'So hm, you should be seeing three doorways down the entrance and you should stand clear of the barycenter on the first and - '

'English!'

'Okay, okay!' He said. 'The hatch down the middle. I'm coding you in from the outside.'

I waited for the blades to part so that I could enter. Upon entry, I was met with a long doorway with one that led into the cockpit and a sideways route which ended shortly. I walked to the sidepath, dodging heavy weighing equipment, my dagger pointed forward just in case. 

'I'm in. I can see the toxin.'

He grunted as if fighting off something. 'Yes and I see you. Okay, we're going take this nice and - hng, slow.'