28 | SKRULL

LAURA

'This is it. We can better them, Fury.'

'But, I'm not entirely positive if it is reliable - '

'Look at it. It's a whole-ass scythe slash spear. This can take him down. I'm sure as a pickle.'

'Exactly what I need on my plate, Sharp. A false optimism.'

'You took down a God-led alien army years ago based on faux-pas. This doesn't even come close. C'mon man, they need everything we've got.'

Fury brooded on the matter for a while, watching the halberd-like weapon in the glass-metal banister. A Skrull-woman with ravenous locks stood in front of her prison with her hands behind her back. She had skin as green as moss and honed the features of a warrior. A golden-crown with a red gem embedded on her forehead, pointy ears flopping over the crown. She assessed me with a challenging smile and I took a small step back. 

'I'm gonna' take up this resolution to the board. Don't antagonize anything while I'm gone.' He left the room with a quick whizz of air, leaving the halberd behind. I nodded, looking back to the warrior woman with her chin held high. My breathing slowed with her every watchful eye.

'Petty mortals,' she scoffed in a sudden, mysterious voice. Sounded like something out of an application on my phone. 'Only I, a Skrull, can take down a man with the Kree.'

 Walking a few hasty steps forward, I put myself right in front of her and looking her in the eyes. She was trying to make me, Laura Sharp, look small in front of her. Not a chance. 

'You must've done something to get yourself in a six by six cell.'

'I did nothing but try and save my people. Instead, I become a prisoner.'