15 | DISCLOSURE

LAURA

A deal was a deal.

When I had signed off the employment offer letter back to the billing address with my acceptance, I realized that I still had my end of the bargain to uphold with Stark. Peter was not officially in business as of yet but given his track record was impeccable, I knew that should fairly be simple. I used Eddie, for a better situation this time, to pull a few strings at the Queens division for providing the kid with part-time, full pay and NDA approved job right under our noses. Of course, he had got it. The head of the department was thoroughly impressed with Peter's achievements and fell into the beat with Eddie's motion.

After all of that was cut-and-dried, Stark would precisely be the second-last one to know and the one to disclose it to Peter. I knew it would mean so much more if it were coming from his mentor, Tony himself, and hold so much more credit. 

'Knock, knock.'

I blinked up at my visitor, doing a doubletake. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

'Is this your idea of a surprise visit?' I teased, raising from my seat to greet Tony with a wide smile. I didn't how to address him since we never had a formal meeting such as this one, so I just approached him face to face. Weirdly enough it felt too strange to be normal.

'I mean there is an arrière-pensée to it,' he said, mimicking a perfect French accent and making me chuckle. 'But I came up to say congratulations on the gig and that Banner misses you.'

'Awn, thanks,' I cooed. 'I miss him, too. You're not joking though, right?'

'I speak of the truth only, sweetcheeks. You can count on me on that one.'

'You can say that again,' I scoffed, leaning onto my desk with a fold of my arms across my chest. His eyes raked over me for a second, taking in the plum zipper dress and nude heels. I even wore eyeliner, not without sticking the pen in my eyes two or three times. I actually took heyday to choose my clothes for that week, so Tony was visiting me on a good time.

'Is it me or did symbiote wrenching make you ten times hotter?'

It's us. I made us hotter.

It was my paramount response to puff out an irritated breath and blush profusely. I turned away to conceal my raging cheeks, reaching across my desk to grab the manila folder that held my glory deal with Stark. I glanced at him to see him smirking in all his grandeur, making me roll my eyes hard.

'Okay, tinfoil boy. You got me with that,' I deadpanned, shaking my head. 'We've got set some arbitrary rules of talk around here.'

'After four months of utopian relationship? I think not.'