[1] The Endor Battle

-Your P.O.V-

I heard the wailing of sirens.. They're here. It's the Empire. I have been fighting for years now, yet every time before we rush into battle I always get chills sent down my spine..

They killed my family.. My friends... Am I next? That is the thought. The one that always scares me the most. I snap out of my trance and I gear up. I put on heavy camo armor. I grab my blaster and a few thermal imploders along with my hologram communicator.

I rush out of the bunker and follow my fellow rebellion mates up into the trees. We aim our blasters to the ground. Boom.. Boom.. Boom.

It was the sound of an AT-AT. Im sure we all began to shake. We heard Imperial Troopers down below running and yelling at one another. In all of our ear pieces in unision we heard "Be careful fellow rebellions. We have sent Princess Leia Organa and Luke Skywalker to help you. Remember to keep the uplinks online so our ships can track the AT-AT. Good luck."

After that it was static and then nothing. We all aimed our blasters, the moment we all got a clear shot of the group of Imperial's we fired. They saw us, we scattered. Some went to the uplinks to defend them while others took spots to blast Imperials at.

I helped defend one of the uplinks. From afar I could hear the lightsaber of Luke Skywalker. We needed to follow the leads of our... well.. Leaders. I ran after them, yet I tried to stay in bushes and hide behind large trees to conceal myself from the eye of the enemy.

I shot at every Imperial I saw and came close to being shot myself every now and then. I was so close to the leaders. Of course I had seen them... from afar... but never this close. I could see them so clearly now.. My heart beat quicker at the sight of Luke defending his people and fighting those threatening to hurt us.

There was a large mass of Imperials heading towards us so I grabbed a thermal imploder and set it up. I then chucked it and watched as it first imploded and then exploded, killing the large mass of imperials.

Luke turned to look at me and he made eyecontact, he nodded, as if thanking me and my heart... skipped a beat? I gulped and I nodded back and continued on my way to fighting. I was thinking about that a lot. I started to lose focus and in a split second I felt a terrible stinging in my shoulder, it made me cry out in pain and I tried to run back behind our front line. I didn't know if I was going to make it and the top half of my body became faster than the bottom half. I toppled over and I tensed in agonizing pain.

I scooted over and sat up against a tree, I covered my shoulder with my left hand and cringed at the pain. I heard footsteps in front of me and I looked up weakly to see a shadow stormtrooper right in front of me.

He just laughed and with his deep voice said "This is the end of the line for you." The shadow trooper then raised his blaster too my head and my thoughts started rushing. I'm going to die. I thought as I gave a weak plea for mercy.

That was when he suddenly flew back into a nearby boulder, it either knocking him out or killing him. Of course it scared me but by each second I seemed to get weaker. I looked up to see... Luke? My vision was hazy and my sense of hearing was slowly drowning out.

"Hey! You....." I swore I heard him speaking but I couldn't focus in on it. I was picked up and I once again cringed at the pain in my right shoulder as I was carried. After that, I don't know what happened.

-Luke's P.O.V-

I was in the midst of the Endor battle when I heard a laugh, or maniac type laugh from an Imperial Trooper. I turn to see the Rebel soldier sitting up against a tree with a bad burn in her shoulder, most likely from a blaster. I saw a shadow trooper standing directly in front of her but she seemed too weak to fight back. The shadow trooper had his blaster pointed directly at her head. I bolted straight for him and then procceded to use my force push to hit him against a boulder.

"Hey! You okay?!" I asked loudly as I put my unopened lightsaber into its holster. I knelt down to check on her. She wasn't doint too great. I picked her up and carried her back to the bunker for medical attention. As soon as she was taken care of I ran right back to the battle field.

-Your P.O.V-

I jolted awake from a nightmareish dream I was having. Where am I? I opened my eyes to a bright light and I looked around. It was so clean and white everywhere. It smelt... sterile in here and I sat up. I was in all white clothing and I felt bandages on my shoulder. I sighed remembering how I got the injury.

I was surprised I was here as most injured Rebels aren't found in time to be helped to get medical care. I looked around the room. I wondered how long I had been out and even what planet I was on... if I was on one for that matter. I heard the loud woosh of one of the doors opening and I rushed back to the bed, only to find one of the medical robots entering and I sighed in relief.

"Y/N L/N, you have an injury to your shoulder. I advise you rest to help the healing process." The medical robot says in a very professional voice. I was glad this robot took care of me but I obviously can tell I have an injury.

"Thank you, but I'm sure lying around won't help much. Can I at least go get something to eat?" The robot tilted its head, "Ms. L/N, we have food here-" I cut it off "Yeah, I know, but I really don't want to be sitting here all day." The robot looked down at me "Please be back soon, so we can continue treatment." I smiled and thanked him. I got out of bed and walked out of the hospital room.

I was able to see a few friends on my way to the cafeteria and they obviously all asked what happened. I told them I got blasted by an Imperial Trooper but it was alright. I didn't tell them about what happened with the shadow trooper and how Luke may have saved me? I could be wrong because of all the hazyness I experienced but I swear I heard him or at least could make out a small facial detail of his.

I didn't want to embarass myself if I was wrong or seem as if I were a show off. I passed the control room and I saw Luke Skywalker, Princess Organa, and Han Solo in the room talking with a few higher commands. They were probably making a plan on how we were going to fight back or move locations.

I noticed Luke glance at me as I passed by and as soon as he did I quickened my pace. 'I think he saw me looking at him' Seconds later I heard quick footsteps behind me. "Hey! Ma'am! Excuse me." It was General Skywalker. I kept walking and I became nervous. 'Why does he wanna talk to me?' I felt him grab my shoulder lightly... my injured shoulder. I suddenly felt sharp pains and I immediatly stopped and hissed in pain. "Oh! I'm so sorry I totally forgot-" I look up at him. 'Oh goodness he's talking to ME' I nervously replied with a gulp "Uh its okay..." I looked up at him, his sandy blonde hair barely dangled near his bright blue eyes. "I just wanted to make sure you were well. I was actually going to go to the infirmary right after the meeting." Luke says looking back at the room where he had just come from.

I tilted my head in confusion 'Why did he want to specifically come see me?' I could tell he knew I was confused and he then said "Oh! Right I uh, I took you to the infirmary after you had gotten blasted. There was a shadow trooper ready to kill you?" He said as if almost a question but more as to jog my memory.

'So it wasn't all in my head.' I showed instant realization and I smiled "Thank you General Skywalker." He smiled and nodded "I didn't think they'd let you out so soon. Are you doing well?" He asked a hint of pure concern in his eyes.

I nodded and smiled "Thanks to you I am." I saw he was about to say something when Princess Organa called him over "Luke! I didn't say the meeting was over!" Pure sisterhood. He looked back at me apologetically and I just laughed a little. General Luke ran off back to the room and I continued my destination to the cafeteria.

(Hope you enjoyed! I'll be posting daily. Let me know what else you'd like me to write!-Brin)
1597 words