[13] Expressing the Hidden Truths

When I got back to base I didn't have the emotional strength to take Aleshia to the cells. I watched from afar how she had a bag over her head and was being taken away by two rebel officers.

I looked away, almost ashamed that I once would have considered that traitor my sister. Soon enough, another rebel officer approached me. "Miss Y/L, Princess Leia is asking you to the control room." He notified me and I nodded, acknowledging what he said.

Soon enough I was in the control room, I approached Leia. "General Organa." I said, catching her attention. She turned around and looked at me, as well as giving me a soft and sympathetic smile.

"Follow me." She said as she began to walk to a seperate room. It was a breifing room. I sat down in one seat and Leia sat across from me. "I really hate to do this Y/N, but because of Aleshia's betrayal to the rebellion, you will have to be interrogated because of how close you two were." Leia informed me.

I furrowed my eyebrows but nodded. "I understand." Is all I could muster up to say in a situation like this. "I believe you're innocent, but you know how other rebels may feel. Just know, Luke, Han, Chewie and I are all on your side." Leia said as she outstreched a comforting hand and took my own. I nodded, not really sure what to say.

Within a few moments a whole team was in the room, and I was hooked up to machines that detected my vitals. I was basically hooked up to a lying detector machine. "Your name is Y/N Y/L, correct?" The interrogator asked and I nodded, "Correct."

"You are a rebel ally, Y/N, are you not?" He asked and I nodded once more, "I am a rebel ally." I said, the man sitting next to him was intently reading the monitor, where all the results were coming in. "She isn't lying." The man reading the results said.

"Now lets move on to Aleshia. She has been your friend for quite some time now hasn't she?" The interrogator asked and you shamefully nodded. "Yes, her and I were friends for some time." You put emphasis on the past tense word.

After a few more questions and my undeniable faith still proving true to the resistance, I was unhooked from all of the machineary.

All I could think about was Aleshia, after everyone had left I was still sitting there. My gaze blank but my mind running. The one I once called sister. The one I once thought would want to protect me was the opposite of what I once thought I knew.

"Y/N?" Luke asked as he walked into the board room. I blinked, tearing my blank stare away from the table. "Why are you in here?" He asked as he approached carefully. He sat down across from me. "I.." I trailed off, thinking of a sentence to form. "I just got finished being interrogated and then I guess I just had to sit and think for awhile." I said truthfully.

Luke looked at me confused, "Interrogated?" He asked and I tilted my head to the side. "Yeah, I was interrogated because of how close I was to Aleshia." I said as a matter-of-factly.

"What? Does Leia know about your interrogation?" Luke asked and I looked at him as if he were losing his mind. "Did she not tell you? It happened around 30 minutes ago." I say and Luke stands up. "I did not know about this. I need to go have a chat with my sister." Luke said as he began to walk out of the board room.

I stood up, "Luke." I said and he turned around, he seemed upset and angry. "Don't make it harder on her than it already is." I said and Luke relaxed slightly. "She shouldn't have done that. You're so dedicated to the rebellion, probably the most loyal rebel I know." He said and I approached him.

"I know, but in times like these, especially with what has been happening, I don't blame them. I would think the same way about anyone else if I was an outsider looking in honestly." I said, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. I smoothed out a wrinkle in Luke's outfit.

"Y/N, it's already hard enough with what... Aleshia did.. It's not fair Leia would do that so soon after it all." Luke said as he placed a hand on my own, which was resting on his chest. I smiled sadly, "We live in an uncertain galaxy, Luke. Please, just let it slide. After all, we did leave to go get Aleshia without Leia's permission." I chuckled lightly.

Luke sighed as he looked down at me with a sympathetic smile. "Y/N... I just..." He began and I tilted my head as I looked up at him. "You what Luke?" I asked as I looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

"There's something about you I can't explain. It's like I want to be with you all the time. I feel some way about you that is so powerful and so much more than just a simple friendship." He said as he looked down, averting my gaze. I gently lifted his chin upwards with my finger. "I feel the same about you Luke. I think I..." I said hesitantly, "I love you, Luke." I said and Luke grinned widely.

Luke then leaned down, closing the gap between our lips and giving me a soft kiss. Once he pulled away he picked me up and spun me around. I giggled joyfully as he did so. Once Luke put me down I was once again looking up at him, I was pressed against him and he said as he smiled, "Where have you been all my life?" He asked and I laughed and kissed him once more.

"I love you too, Y/N." Luke said as he gazed at me as if I were the most exotic thing he had ever laid eyes on.

We were sadly interrupted when the blast door opened quickly. Luke and I pulled away suddenly only to see C-3PO entering.

"Miss Y/L, Aleshia is requesting your presence. She says you are the only one she will talk to."