[11] The Plan

What're they hiding?

*
*
*

I lied awake, in one of the small rooms we were given. Plans of a new headquarters were in place before the main ship was destroyed. It was just a matter of getting everyone there safely.

Suddenly I heard a small 'ping' I recognized the sound as a doorbell of sorts. I sat up and quietly crept to my small temporary bedroom door.

Once I saw who it was I opened the door. "Luke?" I asked and he walked in with a hurry. "Y/N we haven't got much time. We need to go." He says as he then begins to collect MY weapons together.

In my fuzzy and confused tired state and looked at him with a scrunched up face. "Where?"

"To rescue Aleshia."

[Timeskip: 45 minutes later. Location: The Millennium Falcon]

"Your sister would kill me if she knew about this-" Han began and Luke cut him off "And that's why she doesn't- and WON'T know about this." Luke says putting emphisis on the 'won't'

"Where are we headed anyways?" Han asks and Luke grunts.

Luke then mumbles something but it's so inaudible no one understands him. "A little louder kid." Han says and Luke sighs "The Supremacy.."

I nearly choke on my own spit. "There is a second one?" Han and I practically say in union.

Luke turns around and furrows his eyebrows. "It's in the process of being built but yes there's a second Death Star." Luke admits.

"Luke! You remember the last time we were on one of those blasted things." Han says pointing at him. I knit my eyebrows in confusion. I remember Luke speaking about a "last time" to Leia.

"Last time?" I question as I look at Luke. "Yes.. When my sister, Leia was captured my.. mentor Ben, Han, Chewie, and I went aboard the ship to save her." He said and I look at Han. "It was clearly sucessful then." I say as I look at them both in confusion as I as well felt the sudden heaviness in the room.

"Almost sucessful." Han says and I look at him even more confused. "My mentor Ben.. He was killed by my father on that mission.." Luke says, his voice soft as he spake.

My eyebrows unfurrow and my face relaxes into a sorrowful expression. "Luke I'm so sorry..." I say softly. Luke folds his arms and keeps his gaze out the front window of The Falcon.

"It's in the past now." Luke says coldly. Han clears his throat, a heavy and now awkward tension has set innthe room.

"I better uh- go make sure things are working. Chewie, would you mind lending a hand?" Han says and Chewie lets out a grumble.

They both leave and I step closer to Luke. His face was cold and hard. I placed a gentle hand on his arm.

"Luke." I said softly. His face softened and he tore his gaze from the window down to me. His tense stance relaxed.

"Nothing is going to happen okay? We'll be in and out and we'll be okay. Luke you are so unbelieveably strong and I know, with the Force we can do this." I say trying to reassure him.

Luke lets out a soft sigh. He nods as he keeps his gaze on me. I reassuringly smile at him.

Luke unwraps his arms, his stance much more relaxed than before. "Y/N please.. stick close by." He says and I nod, "Of course Luke."

Suddenly a repeating beep erupts from the ship. Han jogs do the flying quarters. "We're here." He says as he sits down and flips a few switches.

We come out of hyper space and in the distance we see a partly built Death Star II.

I tense up as I walk to the front window to get a better look at it. I look at it in awe as I had never seen the first one. "She's there, I can sense her." Luke silently says. "Luke, everything will be alright." I say and he sighs and nods.

Luke and I walk to the cockpit as we near the Death Star II. "How will we land? Surely they'll spot us." I say and Han shakes his head. "Not with this new cloaking technology I installed. They won't get an indicator our ship is here for 30 minutes. That'll give us enough time to connect to one of their single dockings. Plus, they're too busy building this thing anyways." Han says. Luke and I simotaniously sigh.

"I'm going to go grab my weapons, I'll be back in a moment." I say as I leave the cockpit to collect my weapons. As I was just outside of the cockpit I heard Luke talking, but in a more hushed tone than usual. "I can sense him." Luke said to which a pause followed. "We can't be here long. He'll find us." Luke said quietly. I was confused as to what or who Luke could be talking about. None the less I walked back into the cockpit where Han, Chewie, and Luke were. I sat down to see out the window a massive side view of the Death Star II. "We're latching on in 3... 2... 1..." Han said to which the ship rumbled as it latched and sealed onto a hatch. Chewie roared to which Han scoffed. "I know it's crazy but it was the kid's idea!" Han exclaimed. "Listen, you haven't got long. Get in and out as fast as possible. We'll have coms up." Han said as he tossed a com to Luke. Luke nodded and stood up I followed him out and through a small hatch from the ship onto the Death Star II.

I think this is the most prepared I could possibly be for a mission of this sorts..