[9] Implode, Explode

I stood in what we named the commons, because that's where everyone was being held. Then two rebels rushed in and up to me, "They're here." I nod and head to the front, I see Princess Leia, Aleshia, and Luke. I smile warmly as I watch them return.

"I'm so glad you all made it in one piece." I say and I hug Leia first, then Aleshia, and finally, Luke. I breathed in his familiar scent. We both lingered for a moment longer. When we pulled away Leia went to the front of the commons and stood on a box. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have figured out an escape plan so all of you will have to listen carefully." She begins. "We have an evacuation shuttle on it's way, but to ensure a safe evacuation I will need specialists to scout the area. Mechanics and operators on deck to insure our flight is good to take off. I need my medics to ensure our wounded get on safety, the rest of you please get on the shuttle when it arrives." Leia explains.

"Get to work everyone." Leia dismisses everyone. I then make my way through the crowd to Leia, I tap her on the shoulder once I reach her and she turns around.

"Oh Y/N! Just who I was looking for." She says and smiles. "I want you to lead the specialists' group. I know I can trust you." She says smiling and she hands me a helmet along with a com and a sniper gun.

I nod and just as I turn to make my way to the specialist's group I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see it was Leia's. "Make it back safely please. We need you." She says and she smiles. A smile tugs to my lips and I nod. Leia lets go of my shoulder and I turn and walk to the specialists group. "Alright gentlemen." I begin to the small group of men. The all turn their attention to me and I slip on my com and then my helmet. "Our mission is to inform of threats and if necissary eliminate the threat." I say as I look around at them.

"Coms' on boys." I say and they all turn them on. I then order each to a section around the bunker. As I was leaving I hear rushed footsteps and a familiar voice. "Y/N!" I turn around to see Luke jogging behind me. "What're you doing?" He asks and I motion to the outside of the bunker. "I'm on the specalist force. I'm helping protect the bunker." I say and smile slightly. Luke sighs and makes direct eye contact. "Please be careful." He says and I nod, "Always am General." I salute him as I walk off and a small grin spreads across his face.

I walk to my section I'd be patrolling and I pull out my thermal detecting binoculars. "Any readings?" I ask and I get a few 'no's'. Then suddenly one of them speak up, "Ma'am I'm spotting a group of Imperials, North-East, 11." He says and I turn to face that direction. A group larger than our own of Imperials was heading this way.

I then com into headquarters, "Princess Organa, a large group of Imperials are on their way to the bunker. We will be quietly intercepting as long as possible." I say and I hear her speak up, "Try to keep a low profile. Evacuation is 60% complete." She informs me.

I then com into the group's intercom's. "Four on me, two still scouting. we'll call you in when needed. This is a silent take out. No loud disturbances unless necissary." I say, moments later four others are with me. I direct them on which spots to take out a few of the Imperials at.

When we got to our destination quietly we split off. The Imperials were quite spread out, making it easier to tear them off from the pack. I tossed a rock to distract one, I was able to easily take him down quietly. The same with two others, I noticed the group was down to only 10 more.

"Sir, is it just me or have we dropped a few numbers since we left?" One Imperial asks, however their leader only replies with, "Keep searching soldier."

I see my group and I signal them using hand motions I was taught in training. They nod and they split off. A few more Imperials were taken out.

A different Imperial speaks up, "Sir we've dropped in numbers! Look!" The leader of their group turns around and looks around. His face forms in anger and he pulls out a device. 'Thermal detector' I instantly thought. I was quick to shoot the man with the detector in the head.

The last several Imperials were quick to turn around and begin shooting. I duck behind a boulder. We shot back at them. My group shot them from behind, making them drop fast. I stood up.

"Good work group, but now we won't have much time because of the noise." I explain and then I point to one of the men from my group.

"Go inform Princess Organa, tell her to com me on any information she has for me. Right now the rest of us need to move fast back to our patrolling spots." I explain.

We all quickly yet quietly move to our spots. "Officer Y/N, more Imperials on their way. Same direction as the last group." One of the men inform me. His tone seems as if he's terrified.

It's always dangerous doing this job but it's important we protect the Rebels. "Don't be scared of those Imperials. We can take em' boys." I say trying to reassure them. "Set up the snipers, two on the left and two on the right. Someone hand me a thermal imploder!" I say and one of the men hand me a thermal imploder.

We wait what seems like hours but it was only a few moments before their whole group was right before us.

I press the red button and toss it. It lands in front of the large group of imperials "Duck!" I say as I hide behind a large log. The rest of group hides behind boulders.

Then I heard the sound of the imploder, imploding, then exploding.