[14] A Revealing Talk

I walked to the holding area as if I were going to a funeral. Was it too soon to go talk to her? Would there ever be a right time to go and talk to Aleshia? I could never be prepared to talk to her, but at some point I would have to. Luke followed me but when I got to the entrance of Aleshia's cell I reassured Luke that I would be okay.

I entered the cell, to see Aleshia sitting and looking at the ground. The cell wasn't dark, the only thing that was dark in the room was Aleshia's imperial clothing. "What do you want from me?" I asked coldly, making Aleshia snap her head up.

"Y/N.." She said but she stayed seated. "I can't believe you actually came..." She said and I scoffed, "And I can't believe you're a traitor." I snarled and Aleshia frowned.

"Y/N, I'm sorry." She simply said and I laughed sarcastically, "You think sorry is going to fix this? You think that sorry will magically bring back the bond we once shared? I thought of you as a sister, as family, as someone I thought would always have my back." I said, trying not to cry as I thought of all the wonderful memories we shared.

"And I still will have your back! Y/N I never wanted you to know. You are the only one I've ever had an attatchment with, one I even considered family. You're the only one I cared about." She said and my features saddened.

"Why didn't you come to me? Why didn't you tell me what was going on? We could have fixed this, Aleshia!" I yelled and she hung her head down low. "Because the Empire is all I've ever known. They forced me in when I was a child, I don't even know my biological family, I was trained until I could no longer even stand, I was tourtured for any wrong step I took. Y/N, I'm afraid of them, I didn't know what would have happened if I disobeyed anything they said to me." She admitted. I sat down in a chair, facing across from Aleshia. I felt so defeated, I want to believe her, and apart of me does. But I don't even know who she is anymore.

"We could have kept you safe, we could have protected you here." I said and Aleshia looked at me with anger strewn on her face. "You don't know what it's like!" She exclaimed and I stood up. "I do know what it's like! Aleshia I was orphaned as a child and I worked here, I've worked for the rebellion for my whole life. And yeah they didn't treat me bad but I trained to my wits end because I wanted to be someone! I trained until I was so exhausted mentally and physically because I wanted to feel like I was someone! Not just in the shadows of this rebellion. I stand for this rebellion and I will die for the rebellion. When you came into my life and recognized me for who I was, I considered you closer than anyone has ever been in my life!"

I sat down and cried, I couldn't take this mental torture of figuring out who Aleshia really was, and seeing what I thought was my reality was all fake. "Y/N please.. Don't cry.." Aleshia said as she began to cry herself.

I stood up and wiped my tears. "You are going to let them interrogate you Aleshia, you are here now, not with the Empire. And you damn know well that the Empire won't come and save you like I did." I said as I left the cell. I stormed past Luke but he was quick to gently grab my wrist. He pulled me into a tight hug, I was sure he felt my distress, I'm sure anyone would even if they didn't have force abilities.

I cried into Luke's chest for what felt like forever. Luke gently stroked my hair as he held me tight. After I had pulled away Luke put his hands on either side of my cheeks and wiped away my tears with the pads of his thumb. "Y/N, I am always here for you. No matter what okay?" He said softly and I nodded understandingly.

"Let's go get something to eat, I'm sure you're hungry." Luke said as he wrapped an arm around me. But this time instead of going to the main cafeteria to eat he took me to a commander's section where there was better food than the glob served in the cafeteria.

Luke and myself got many stares as we had walked down some of the hallways, probably because of Luke having his arm wrapped securely around me. In other circumstances I wouldn't have liked all of the attention I was getting, but I didn't mind it because in the moment, all I cared about was Luke.

We sat down and Luke went to go and get me some food. While I sat alone I could only think of Aleshia. How could I have been so foolish? How could I not see it? I should have known but I was so blind as to not see what was right in front of me, a traitor.

"Y/N, quit blaming yourself." Luke said as he sat down, and handing me my food. "I can't help it Luke, I should have known. I was the closest to her and I didn't see it." I said as I looked down at my food. I wasn't all too hungry now that I thought about it.

"She put up a hell of a front Y/N, no one would have known. It is not you're fault and no one blames you for her actions." Luke said and he placed his hand on my own. I looked up at Luke and gave him a lopsided smile. Only he could make me feel better in times like these.

Just then sirens began to wail. Both Luke and myself jolted at the unexpected and loud noise. "Attention all rebels, a dangerous and skilled traitor is on the loose. I repeat a dangerous and skilled traitor is on the loose. Her name is Aleshia. Shoot to kill if spotted." Myself and Luke heard over the intercom.

My attention went right to Luke, I could see he was just as worried as I was. "We have to find her." I said and Luke nodded in agreement. "You go to the escape pods I'll go to the hanger." I said and he nodded as we both rushed off to our destined spots.