Chapter Five

Love this banner so much! Thank you KaiyaLove for making this for me (:

If you'd like to send in a banner for Ren, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1666

~Brielle

Not getting caught right now is more imperative then when I snuck onto the boat.

I take a few back hallways to avoid most of the manors formal interior, where I would be more likely to see the Alpha or his officials and company. Usually the corridors are bustling with life, working behind the scenes to ensure everything on the other side of the wall runs smoothly. This hour of the night, though, leaves everything abandoned.

It means no one to question where I'm going with a basket full of folded male clothes. Luckily, these pieces of clothing aren't his most extravagant. If it get out here, maybe no one would question it.

When I came to the end of the last corridor, I slowly pull open the door, and peek out, careful to not get spotted.

No one is out there, though. It's a foyer, that expands across a large space, to another set of doors. I ignore them though, eyeing the sweeping staircase framed with oak wood banisters and lined with a navy blue carpet all the way top to the top story. With nobody in sight, I pad quickly across the cream polished stone.

The cleaning sect has a done a good here.

Everything is so immaculately, from the house plants clipped neatly, to the painted portraits, with wood carved frames that have been dusted to perfection. I don't spend too long admiring the room, quickly stepping up the stairs, Ren's quarters in mind.

It seems as though since the sun has fallen, everyone has abandoned this place, leaving each space empty for me to stroll casually through.

I'm not complaining. I still peek around corners, as I weave through corridors, ignoring every door, especially the ones that are ajar. The last thing I want is to get caught looking into any private areas. Then I'll get arrested for conspiracy, and never get out of this Pack. As crazy as it seems, I'm not taking any chances.

Ren's quarters were accessible quite close to the stairs. It didn't take me long to find the framed double glass doors, foggy for privacy. I wait a few moments before I do anything, tucking the basket against my hip.

I knock rapidly on the door and step back.

For a few moments, there's nothing. No response to my knock. I try one more time, louder this time, in case he didn't hear it. Once again, there is no answer, so I stop to think. He isn't in there, which I'm admittedly grateful for.

Nervously, I try the silver door handle. Much to my surprise, and slight dismay, it turns, ticking the door open. I watch it glide away from me, revealing his quarters that he seems to be absence of his presence. I take a few tentative steps in, still holding the laundry under my arm.

I try not to concentrate too hard on what his private quarters look like, but it's near impossible. Especially with the view in front of me, showing off the stunning picturesque sight of the Loyalty Pack, lit up brilliantly since night fall.

Dragging my eyes away from it, I look for somewhere to put his clothes.

I'm not about to walk into his room or anything, so I place the basket on an ottoman, hoping he would see it when he next occupies this room, and that will be that.

Just before I leave, I take another look around. A white chaise lounge faces the large scale window, for anyone who wants to take a moment to enjoy the view. The dark navy blue flooring is in contrast to the creamy walls, leading to the entrance of Ren's room, which from where I stand, I can't see much of. Thankfully. I need to get out of here.