Chapter Thirty

Word Count: 1733

~Brielle

My heart completely stops for a moment.

I somehow knew he was going to find me. I'm not sure how he managed to, but I sensed him coming, I just didn't want to admit it to myself. Now he stands outside the car door, knocking his fists against the window rapidly. Pushing away from the window he stands by, I curl up on the other side of the back car seat.

"It's okay, it's me," they shout through the window, voice muffled. He points to his left eyes, which blazes bright green. Placing my hand on my chest, I try to calm my breathing, searching him for other clues that it is Ren and not Chase trying to gain my trust.

"Prove it," I shout again through the window. From his eye alone I can't be so sure it's him. Maybe Chase found out a way to manipulate that too like he does to all things.

I can't risk anything.

"How? Come on Brielle let me in. We can talk about this," he says honestly, trying the handle again. I eye him suspiciously, although I know it has to be him. The way he speaks is so much softer, just like Ren. Even the way he looks at me confirms it is him, and he has regained power over his own body again. I couldn't be more relieved.

Quickly, I unlock the car, letting him clamber inside onto the backseat with me. His scent fills the car, calming my nerves instantly. I want to grab him, hug him, but I can't bring myself to do it. Not when he's still wearing Chase's clothing.

"I'm so sorry. What did he do to you?" Ren questions, looking up and down my body as much as I did to him. He doesn't look hurt, although there is a slight bruise above his right brow.

I lean back, loosening a breath. "He didn't touch me."

Ren looks beyond relieved. It's so good to see him again, I want to cry. For a moment, I thought Chase had taken over forever, and Ren was gone. However, it seems like he has regained control, and he can help me save those girls on the island. Who knows what Chase would do to them if he had the chance.

"I didn't know he could take control like that. I found a note in my pocket he had written to me. He was planning to take you away for awhile," Ren tells me, to which I can help but shiver. After everything that happened, I don't doubt that for a second. Who knows what he would have done to me.

"Next time he takes control at night, tie yourself up," I suggest. Maybe that would keep the girls safe if he can't appear at night.

Who knows what he would do.

"All I care about right now is whether or not you're okay. Why did he do?" Ren questions, concern furrowing in his brows. I look down at myself, realising I don't look so great. My clothes are frumpled, having not been washed in a couple of days. Everything about me probably looks like a mess, giving Ren the impression I was tortured this past week.

"Other than carting me around the countryside, all he did that was strange was tie me to a bed in a hotel and left me there do to something," I tell him.

Ren tilted his head, looking at me strangely. "He what?"

Shaking my head at him, I shrug my shoulders. I can't explain it, however, I doubt it had the intentions Ren is considering. Even with that comment he made to me after finishing his job...I decide not to tell him that, though. I don't need Ren thinking he has a sexual...nevermind.

"We should get going, you know. Back to the Loyalty Pack," I murmur, hopping into the driver's seat. Ren comes into the passenger seat. I start the car, forgetting how tired I am. After the scare, I don't think I could sleep.