Chapter Two:Protecting Her

Danny's POV
I woke up from the door slamming open, revealing two agents with an evil look."Come on, ghost scum. Get up!! We want to have our fun hurting the girl!" Agent K said. I growled at them angrily."I won't let you hurt my kóri!!"(Daughter) Agent O stepped up to me with his fist raised up and brought it down punching me."English, you ectoplasmic trash!!" He shouted."Just grab the girl!" Agent K yelled frustrated. Before he could lay a hand on Dani, I get in front of her."I'm not going to let you hurt her!!" I shouted at them angrily at them, my eyes glowing green.

The two agents nod at each other. One grabbed me by the neck and slammed me into the wall. While the other one handed him a blinking green collar. The little light changed to red once it was around my neck. The agent dropped me to the floor and walks to Danielle, immediately seeing this I try to get her to her but stop in my tracks as the collar electrocuted me. I gritted my teeth not to scream in pain and to give them satisfaction. I looked at Danielle who was awake. She looked at me straight in the eye with shock and gasped."Danny!!" Agent K grabs her by her wrist and drags her away from me and to the door. Panic began to build up inside us."L-let me go!!" Dani tries to pull her arm back but fails. I get up though I was getting electrocuted by the danm collar, I kick the guy in the guts costing him to bend down letting go of Dani.

She ran towards me and hid behind me. Agent O pulls out the controller to the collar and turns it up a notch making me scream in unbelievable pain."Leave him alone!!" Dani yells running towards him trying to get the controller. He kicked her in the stomach. Agent K joined in and kicks her in the side hardly, making a SNAP sound. A few ribs broke, others got bruised. She screamed in pain crying."DANI!!" I yell through my own pain and try to make my way to her but ended up falling to my knees screaming loudly while Agent K continues to kick Dani in different areas such as the chest, legs, cheek and jaw.

After what felt like hours they left us on the ground in ghost proof cuffs that are around our wrists and legs chained to the wall. I crawl to Dani and held her close to me."I'm sorry Danielle... I couldn't stop them from hurting you..." Slowly I felt tears going down my cheeks blurring my vision.

The younger Halfa looked at me as I was blaming myself for the pain that she was feeling. Slowly she lifted up her arms to her my cheeks and wipes away the tears and smiles at me warmly."It's not your fault daddy. You tried and that's what matters, right?" I smiled back at her and hugged her closely."You're right." I said.

"I promise, Dani, that'll make sure you don't get hurt like that again...I'll make sure we can get out of here but..." I looked at her and sighed."If I can't get us both out of here, you're gonna have to go on without me and don't turn back." I said. Danielle looked at me in shock and pain."What?! I can't just leave  you behind...We are all that we have left of a family!" She said and I sighed. I held her again."I know but if it happens, it'll be your chance to leave this place and I would rather have hou leave this place than to be cut open like I was by them." I said seriously."So promise me, Dani, if we ever have a chance for you to get out of here, you would do it and not look back even if it means leaving me behind." She looks at me with tears and takes a shakey breath."I-I promise..." I smile at her. With the remaining power I have left, I made a locket with a green locket with a green gem that won't melt and added a picture inside it with us both in it.

I put the necklace on her and she smiles."Something to keep with you when you get lonely, if I'm not around."She looks at me and smiled widely and wraps her small arms around my neck."Thank you Danny!" I chuckled softly."You're welcome kóri. Just make sure to hide it when it if one of the agents come back, okay?" She nods in understanding.

What the two Halfas didn't know was that it would be a long time before that day would come for Danny making the sacrifice for his daughter to be free.

Original:LilithHellfire034