Chapter I

*No one's POV*

It was a really slow morning at Marmoran Highschool. Today was originally supposed to be a no school day, but since everyone voted for the school year NOT to end in June, they decided to go to school today. Apparently many teachers did not get the memo so, unfortunately, the Juniors did not have any classes until 5th period, the Freshmen did not have classes until 3rd period, and the Sophomores had classes because all their teachers were there. The Seniors were on a trip at Mount Rushmore, so they did not have to worry about teachers not being there for classes.

Many people didn't have classes, yet were at their lockers talking to people.

But, there were 6 people who were not by the lockers. They were not outside. They were in the Janitors Closet. This group consisted of:
Allura: A simple and kind 17 year old.
Lance: A flirtatious and annoyingly funny 17 year old
Shiro: A calm and leader-like 17 year old.
Pidge: A nerdy, smart, and techy 16 year old.
Keith: A quiet, anxious, and emo-ish 17 year old
And:
Hunk: A friendly and food-loving 17 year old.
Each day this group would eat lunch together in this closet, and meet before and after school. Each time they meet, Lance and Keith always fight about something. It could even be about something as small as fighting over if milk chocolate cookies or white chocolate cookies are better. Shiro normally is the one to shut them up and they sometimes would fight about who should shut up first. These fights did not last more than 10 minutes.
*Lance Pov*
Our whole group is in here. Keith and I have not fought yet, and I really want to see if we can not fight today.
"When do we have to head to class?" Allura asks the whole group.
Pidge adjusts her glasses and looks down at her watch. "In about 2 and a half hours."
"Jeez." I say. I didn't think that was how long we had until 5th period.
"Maybe we can use this time to finish homework?" Shiro suggests.
"Why not?" Allura says. Allura seems to always agree with whatever Shiro says. I don't know why, but I think maybe Allura likes him. The problem is, he's gay.
I grab my backpack and I take out one of the books we have to read and I begin to skim the pages. Everyone by this point has something they are working on. I realized I needed a pencil to take notes in this book. I ask Keith.
"Hey buddy? Do you have a pencil I could use?" I ask
"No." Keith says in a monotone voice.
"You sure?" I ask, hoping he will change his response.
He ignores me.
"Alright then." I say as I turn to Pidge
"Hey Pidgeon..."
She hands me a pencil without letting me finish, and says nothing.
"Thanks." I say
"No problem." She says without flinching from her work.
We work quietly for about 30 minutes, and we realized we all finished. So, we decided to go to our lockers.
I head to my locker. I open it, and realize I almost forgot about these notes I recieve everyday.
These notes are all some type of motivational quote. I have recieved one each day of school since 8th grade. I don't know who is giving me them, or why they are giving me these. I also didn't even know that there was this many motivational quotes in the world.
I open up today's motivational quote. 

"Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think. You are more talented than you know. You are capable of more than you can imagine."

I smile. These daily motivations are the only reason why I am still here. If it were not for these notes I would have been gone a long time ago.  

I open the jar of these of notes that I have in my locker and I add this one to it. I close the jar. 

Pidge saw me smiling so she approached me. 

"Hey, why are so happy all of a sudden?" She said as she adjusted her glasses on her face. 

"Oh, no reason." I say as immediatly stop smiling as I was before.

"Lance. Do you really think I am that stupid?" She asked looking up at me, then to the jar in my hand. 

Pidge took the jar out of my hand and opened the jar and started running down the hallway with my jar while dropping a few. 

"Pidge!" I say as I run after her. 

"Catch me if you can." She says playfully.

~BOOM~

Pidge crashed into a bigger figure. Well everyone is bigger than her, but this figure was 3 times her size. Lance cried out as the jar fell out of her hands and it broke on the ground. He frantically ran to the ground to Pidge to see if she was okay while he was picking up each piece of paper. Pidge got up and helped him. She read each one before she put them in Lance's backpack. 

"What are these? Love notes?" She asked dragging out the "e" in both words

I roll my eyes. No. I think. 

"No, Pidge. They are not." I say sternly.

She adjusts her glasses 
"Alright Lance, whatever you say" Pidge says.

We get up and I put on my backpack. I honestly wish I could figure out who is giving me these notes. I am just really thankful for them, whoever they are.

_______________