10 | love in the air

10 | LOVE IN THE AIR

The men of the Night's Watch were training with Jon in the courtyard to prepare going past the wall to Craster's Keep and to fight off the incoming wildlings

The men of the Night's Watch were training with Jon in the courtyard to prepare going past the wall to Craster's Keep and to fight off the incoming wildlings. The sounds of metal clanging together made Reyanna cringe, but it somehow also made her feel empowered. "You're leaving yourself too open, Snow." Reyanna snickered at the man's poor skill. He was a highborn, never forced to learn the real way to fight.

"Bet you can't do any better." Jon challenged the girl.

"You shouldn't have done that." Reyanna huffed, then snatched a heavy sword from one of the soldiers and went after snow. Her steps were light and tactical. She kept her body guarded and she easily managed to dodge Jon's heavy swings at her. At one point, after she ducked under Jon's sword swinging, she managed to get her sword to this throat. The cool metal stung at his pale skin, warning him of what could have happened if she weren't an enemy. "Dead." Reyanna announced, then dropped her sword and walked away to return helping the builders.

But Jon wasn't done with her. He charged after her from behind; wrapped one arm around her; and held his own sword up to her throat. "Dead." He stated.

"You were already dead!" Reyanna exclaimed.

"Always make sure they're truly dead, or they may come back to haunt you." Jon spoke in an eerie voice, as if he were telling a scary story to a child. Reyanna chuckled and pushed him away, scurrying off to return to work.

* * *

Later that night, Alliser had sanctioned Jon's proposal to go to Craster's Keep to rid it of the mutineers that would expose the Night's Watch. Reyanna wasn't allowed in the dining hall, for she was a woman and Alliser wasn't particularly fond of her. So, Jon told her everything that went down. He managed to scrounge up some volunteers to go with him to Craster's. There weren't many, but it was better than not having any men at all. "When do you leave?" Reyanna asked him.

"Tomorrow morning. It's 60 miles away. We'd have to leave at dawn to make it in enough time to get back the next day." Jon explained.

Reyanna embraced him. "Don't die on me, Jon Snow."

Jon's heart warmed as he felt her touch on his skin. "I won't. It will not take long. I promise." His hand found its way to play with her silky raven hair.

* * *

While Jon was gone, Reyanna made big progress at Castle Black. New weapons systems were in place and readied for when the wildlings were to attack. Hooks, axes and fire all innovated the once bland and predictable weapons into intimidating structures that could wipe out hundreds of people at once. The only thing that was missing was the wildfire she read in her father's journals that it was the most practical weapon of all. Alliser didn't allow, nor didn't know where to retrieve it, Reyanna to make use of wildfire— he mentioned that it was a symbol of the Mad King, it was his preferred method of killing after all.