22 | battle of the bastards

22 | BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS

There was a dress laid out on Reyanna's bed

There was a dress laid out on Reyanna's bed. A dress! A beautiful and elegant one too. It was nothing like anything Reyanna would typically wear. It was lined in a beautiful gray fur with a thick, expensive fabric. Sansa suddenly entered the room, in a gorgeous dress of her own. "It was mine when I was married to Ramsay. I thought it too beautiful to be wasted on a miserable wedding." Sansa spoke.

"You want me to where it to mine?" Reyanna asked in disbelief.

"I'd be honored if you wore it to yours." Sansa nodded kindly at Reyanna.

"We haven't even planned the ceremony yet." Reyanna shook her head.

"Get dressed. They're waiting for you down in the courtyard." Sansa smiled.

Reyanna shook her head. She wasn't prepared for a surprise wedding. Why would Jon do such it thing, it was making Reyanna even more nervous than she would normally be on a planned wedding day.

* * *

Once she was all dressed and Sansa did her hair, she was walked down to the courtyard where everything was already set up

Once she was all dressed and Sansa did her hair, she was walked down to the courtyard where everything was already set up. Everyone was already in their places, men of the Nights Watch were seated as witnesses to the ceremony and Jon stood before the sept and altar. Reyanna was on the verge of tears. Jon looked so happy. She knew he had wanted to her married as quickly as possible since he realized how short life could be, but she didn't realize how badly he had truly been wanting that marriage.

The bright smile and happy tears coming from his face only made Reyanna's heart melt. When Sansa handed her off in front of everyone, he gripped her hands tightly. Reyanna smiled and mouthed a 'thank you' to him for planning it. Just as the sept began to speak, snow began to fall. It only made the evening even more perfect. It almost made them all forget that they were planning a war with the Boltons.

The septon made the two repeat loads of words and phrases to consecrate their marriage. But was sealed the deal was the final statements made by the two. "I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." Jon spoke.