Chapter 11:The Chuunin Exams(Part 1)/The Two Strongest Konoha Jounins

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Hinata Shouyo(Haikyuu!)

~~~~

A certain ravenet sighed tiredly,rubbing the back of his neck as he walked towards the room where the first part of the exams would be held.

"...Kyoya-kun?" His companion called out worriedly.

Kyoya gave his purplette companion a side glance,before returning his gaze to the front.

"....Hn.(I'm fine.)" He replied.

Chrome frowned slightly.

"Are you tired because of the mission that you took yesterday?Was it really that hard?" She asked.

Kyoya scoffed.

"No.Why would you ask that?(Of course not.Did you hear me say that it was?)" He said,looking at her.

Feeling his heavy gaze on her and realizing the stupidity of her question,the purplette blushed.

"N-no...I was just...worried." She stuttered,looking away when they made eye contact.

Kyoya smirked,slipping a hand on hers and holding it.

This made the female blush further.

Although the two of them were the types to not show PDA,the ravenet seemed to be growing bolder with it.

...Probably because he wanted to show that she belonged to him;or it could be that he enjoyed teasing her and seeing her all flustered.

The ravent lifted their entwined hands,kissing the back of her hand.

"...Then don't be.Are you worried that I might go away?" He asked quietly.

Chrome stayed silent,before she replied.

"...Mm."

Kyoya sighed,halting in his walking before he turned to face her,grabbing her shoulders and pulling her close to his chest.

"....Hn.Do I look like I would lie?(I won't leave you.I promised that I wouldn't like I did before,didn't I?)" He huffed.

Chrome nuzzled her nose on his broad chest.

"...Mm.I know...I'm really sorry that I went ahead of you then." She muttered sadly.

Kyoya huffed exasperatedly,flicking her forehead lightly.

A small 'eep' of surprise was heard as the young woman stared up at him.

(D*** it,why was Kyoya so tall,like wth?On such rare occasions,Chrome felt annoyed by the fact that she had look up.Sometimes when the two would argue,Chrome had to climb a chair{in which it will eventually cause the argument to be forgotten}just to be able to argue face to face with him.Curse everyone who looks down{except her Family}on her whether it be rank,position or height.)

"Hn.Herbivore.(Stop saying that.You're acting like a herbivore again.)" He reminded.

The ravenet patted her head almost absentmindedly.

Chrome quietly giggled in return.

"I know.You won't allow such a thing as far as I know." She grinned slightly.

Kyoya smirked at her.

"Hn.(Exactly.)"

Before he grabbed her hand gently and entwined them again,pulling her along with such gentleness that the female illusionist felt touched and well loved.