SEVEN Accepted

Tomorrow had come and Ada found herself sitting in the hut where gatherings were held. Every member was there and she sat with Anna. Gally had not looked once their way nor had spoken to her since the event.

"It has come to my attention that a glader has broken the rules. The girls showers being off limits." Alby said. The boys remained quiet. Most agreed that Steve shouldn't of chanced going there. But they also assumed his presence was welcomed by her.

"However Steve accuses Ada of requesting him to be there." The boys holler and she felt her cheeks burn.

Anna stood. "That isn't true. She shouldnt be heckled like this. What she has gone through is embarrassing enough." The boys somewhat quieted down. Mostly because they were all in love with her.

"Why are we acting like Steve is an honest person." Newt said sitting at the table. He shrugged as the boys mumbled in agreement. Apparently Steve lied about alot of things to get out of jobs.

"That is true." Alby said. "But maybe Steve is telling the truth." The boys murmer. "What happened?" He directed his question toward them.

"I was in the shower Ada wasnt even aware he was there. He had shut the door slowly so she didnt hear him. Thats being a proper shank." Anna said incredulously. Unbelief at the fact that they were even considering Steve innocent.

Ada avoided looking at anyone. Alby turned to her. She could feel all eyes on her.

"I didnt ask Steve to meet me. He has been harassing me since I've been here and can't seem to take no for an answer." She said quietly still not looking up.

Alby shook his head. "Why not report his actions?"

"Why to be accused that we are the problem." Paige spoke up clearly becoming upset. "You dont care about us."

"Steve has harrassed all of us but we dont say anything because we handle it. Last thing we need is to be accused of being here to test you. What if its you here to test us huh?" Paige seemed to have some unsaid rage.

"Fair enough." Alby says. "Steve will stay in the cells for the week. He'll be warned. If he breaks another rule he will be sent to the maze." The room cheered and she felt relieved. Knowing because of her friends bravery she would have some peace.
"Also the girls are our family to. Let's keep an eye out for them more." Alby said and the girls hugged each other.

Newt had come up to them and she hugged him tightly grateful to him for speaking up for her.

They had all gone back to work. Chuck walked with her appointing himself her protector.

She worked and the sun seemed so hot. Nearing her break. She heard Newt clear his throat and she looked up to see him motioning behind her. She turned to see Gally walking towards her. Standing she wiped the sweat from her brow.

"Hey can we talk?" Gally asked. She shook her head. "Please Ada." He said quietly. Newt looked at her and she stood.

"I guess." She said walking to the shade of the trees.

"Im sorry. I was just so jealous and that came between me protecting you." He said sadly.

"I guess you cant trust me?" She said her voice cracking with the hurt she felt.

"I know I'm sorry." He paused. "Do you still want to be with me?" Gally asked.

"I dont know." She said quietly. "When I needed you you werent there." She felt tears fill her eyes. She looked to the trees. Trying not to break down. "Maybe everyone's right. Maybe this cant work here." She said sadly.

"Im sorry." He wrapped his arms around you. "Im so so sorry. But we can't give up just because we hit one rough patch." He held her and she felt herself melting into him. Sighing she wrapped her arms around him. Lifting her head he kissed her forehead.

She knew this was what she needed. Behind these walls this was the closest thing to home. In his arms. She broke the kiss.

"Breaks over." She said smiling up at Gally. "See you later?" He nodded and lets her go.

She went back to work. Not even noticing that Newt didn't say a word to her.